Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error : Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error : Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

Hi, Since last update I have had alot of issue working with Rhino and V-ray. Every time i try to do some interactive rendering this messeges pop up, I dont know why the app its getting so unastable, and just to be clear this could happen even with small projects. I have identify many bugs that to me looks to be the problem, but at the end it doesnt work

1. Decals in rhino are identify as a Bad Object.
    2. From last update some of the Cosmos Library objects are identify as bad object to in rhino, mostly when you merge them to change some color or texture.
    3. When working with large scatter and fur scene it also happen to get a messeges on the log where it says "Warning : Max sample level set to 0 - rendering could take longer than expected. Consider setting a value to decrease the render time"
    this is causing me to get render time to go beyong expected and sometimes the same render can take a 5 minutes or 1 hour, and it happen with both of my sepups

Its there any solution, since this software its no getting better with all the updates its getting worst, I remember back in time I was able to make more with less spec on my system, but the feeling rigth now its that the more computational power you have, the unstable it become.

SETUP 1
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor 4.70 GHz
    RAM 64,0 DDR5 6000MHZ
    NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
    1TB Corsair MP600 PRO

SETUP 2

AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS 3.30 GHz
    RAM 16,0 DDR4 4266 MHZ
    NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3080 16GB
    1TB WDC PC SN530

Please I need some help, this is becoming a Pain for my work flow,

Attached Files
    Last edited by diegoandres_martinezgomez; 30-08-2023, 12:12 PM.

Hello diegoandres_martinezgomez ,
    Please find my answers below.

1. Decals in rhino are identify as a Bad Object.
    2. From last update some of the Cosmos Library objects are identify as bad object to in rhino, mostly when you merge them to change some color or texture.​
    Please note that even though Decals and some Cosmos Assets are identified by Rhino as Bad Objects this does not affect rendering.

3. When working with large scatter and fur scene it also happen to get a messeges on the log where it says "Warning : Max sample level set to 0 - rendering could take longer than expected. Consider setting a value to decrease the render time" this is causing me to get render time to go beyong expected and sometimes the same render can take a 5 minutes or 1 hour, and it happen with both of my sepups​
    The "Max sample level set to 0 - rendering could take longer than expected. Consider setting a value to decrease the render time" warning is meant for our developers and shouldn't be an issue. It means that the estimated 'samples per thread' for the GPU to be 100% loaded was not saved, because of the GPU memory limit (i.e the scene used all the memory). The warning prints the amount of saved 'samples per thread', which means that the jobs for the GPU would be more, but smaller, resulting in similar rendering times. You can also check a comment from one of our V-Ray GPU developers here in this post.

As for the major time differences we would need your scene to investigate it, but also please see my next comment.

since this software its no getting better with all the updates its getting worst, I remember back in time I was able to make more with less spec on my system, but the feeling rigth now its that the more computational power you have, the unstable it become.
    New version should not be slower if you are comparing the exact same scene on the exact same machine that you have rendered with the previous version.

In order to correctly compare two V-Ray versions it is essential that the same scene is tested, with no changes in terms of geometry, materials and settings are applied.

If this is a different scene, with more assets, materials, different settings, different camera views it may be expected that it renders longer. Another thing is that latest V-Ray GPU implementation has much more supported features, that were not rendering before.

Finally, addressing the main issue:

Error : Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!
    Exception in Core error possibly indicates that the issue is memory-related and the project needs to be optimized. You are welcome to explore more information about render optimizations in this article: Memory Usage Optimizations for GPU rendering.

Nevertheless, we would like to also request your scene to investigate it in our environment. If this is alright, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project tool).

Additionally please share a screenshot of the V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray in order to test the same build.

Also in terms of GPU performance I would like to ask you to install the current recommended drivers version 536.40. You can find this information on the top of this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu. Please note that this is the version that is tested and approved by the developers and how it works with V-Ray, so it can be different from the latest version released by NVIDIA. In order to install the drivers please follow steps described in this forum post: Installing the recommended Windows Drivers for V-Ray GPU on Windows. After installing drivers please run V-Ray Benchmark and share the screenshots of your scores.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X