every preview in asset editor is BLACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every preview in asset editor is BLACK

Hi, I don't know what this issue is but every preview in my asset editor is black for the materials --- I also can't preview texture maps

my renderer is set to vray

Pleeeeeeeeease help!

WHen I drag out into the project materials, I can see the preview. This makes my workflow really difficult

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	52
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1203670Click image for larger version

Views:	53
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1203671Click image for larger version

Views:	52
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1203672​​​

Comment

Hello zale_orcid,
      Thank you for sharing screenshots.

Please note that Cosmos assets and materials can not be loaded in the V-Ray Asset Editor in the same fashion as .vrmat files and old V-Ray 5 Material Library (I can see from your screenshot that you have manually added Cosmos materials).
      The idea is to work directly from Chaos Cosmos instead of Asset Editor as you are able to import any downloaded materials or assets to your scene directly from Chaos Cosmos. While Asset Editor Material Tab remains for you to load your own custom materials and libraries.​
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

OK this makes sense, so instead of downloading, I just import into the project. That feels unfortunate to me that I can't have my own little group that I pick from in the editor but maybe I will get used to easily navigating the chaos cosmos. Just seems like more work than necessarily but IDK i just started. Thanks Natalie

Comment

Working...
        X