Very missed: direct rendering of the clean Rhino clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very missed: direct rendering of the clean Rhino clipping

It was a question here too: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...tive-rendering

Originally posted by Micha View Post
    If V-Ray is not able to leave hidden geometry out of the game, then it would be very useful to be able to switch to using the Rhino rendermesh only.​
    Could we please talk about this kind of rendering of clipped geometry?

V-Ray is often unable to create a cleanclipping. There are problems with the generated cut surfaces or in outline mode.

Rendering would be so much easier if you could use the clipping generated by Rhino when needed. OK, it would not be possible to use "only for camera rays", but often this is not necessary.

In any case, I can't fulfill my customer's current request to render an animated clipping plane with outlines now.

-Micha

VfR 6.20.03
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 04-12-24 at 10.38 AM.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	1206511​​
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

V-Ray is often unable to create a cleanclipping. There are problems with the generated cut surfaces or in outline mode.
    Even though I agree, V-Ray still has once of the best render-time clipping solutions on the market.
    It's just a complicated problem to solve.
    The issue with the Outlines is well known and unfortunately not something we have a solution is sight for.

Rendering would be so much easier if you could use the clipping generated by Rhino when needed. OK, it would not be possible to use "only for camera rays", but often this is not necessary.​
    Now this is a valid remark.
    If I remember correctly there was no way to get the Rhino clipping result using the dev SDK.
    I'll still double check and get back to you.
    If possible we'll surely enable this option.

Comment

Working...
    X