patches where channel glass meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patches where channel glass meets

I am having trouble getting these unnatural patches to disappear from my renderings. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I have tried to change the material settings to see if it would have any effect with no results. The glass is supposed to be channel glass which I extruded from a profile in plan view. It has a refractive layer but no reflective layer.

Any help would be great. Sorry if I am not posting this in the right place.

Re: patches where channel glass meets

I'm not really sure what exactly to look at. There's nothing directly that I see that would be out of place, but thats after a very quick look over....mind circling the places where you're seeing the issue?
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

here you can see in the highlighted red band vertical banding of lighter and darker colors rather than one continuous color

here is a link to a picture of what the glass looks like in reality
      http://openformarchitecture.files.wo...kmanstairs.jpg

channel glass is a continuous c shaped piece of glass...i drew the profile in top view and extruded it then copied and pasted the pieces next to each other

Comment

Well chances are that those faces are coplanar, which means that V-Ray will have trouble sorting out what face is in front of the other. Move them slightly forward or slightly back and that should help V-Ray sort things out. Thats my best guess without taking a look at the scene.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

you can also change the bias setting to .001 (found in Global Switches rollout in the Options box).

Comment

Originally posted by josh_dannenberg
            you can also change the bias setting to .001 (found in Global Switches rollout in the Options box).
            But keep in mind, some times this option helps, that the image looks ok, but the render time increase. Best, avoid intersections.
            www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
            X