Toon Material breaks Invisible Sphere Light Appeareance in Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toon Material breaks Invisible Sphere Light Appeareance in Render

Hi all. I rendered a scene with material override set to a toon material and my sphere lights that are set to invisible became black spots (with a radius equal to the viewport representation) in the final image.

Rhino 5. I replicated in a new scene and discovered that the same bug happens with invisible planar lights. I attach the new/clean scene here.

I think it's not getting much use but I do this quick setup a lot so I found it really fast.

This release of Vray for Rhino (3.6.-) is great! The improvements from the beta and my 3.4 trial are HUGE.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hi,

Currently, there are certain limitations with the V-Ray Toon material, which our developers are working on optimizing and will hopefully be implemented in the next major release.

This issue occurs when a V-Ray Toon material is applied to objects behind a geometric V-Ray light (such as Rectangular, Sphere, Mesh lights). As a workaround, you could use a V-Ray Omni, Spotlight or IES light.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Georgi. I tested with a point light and my scene worked fine. Hope it gets resolved in an upcoming release.

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.georgiev View Post
        Hi,

Currently, there are certain limitations with the V-Ray Toon material, which our developers are working on optimizing and will hopefully be implemented in the next major release.

This issue occurs when a V-Ray Toon material is applied to objects behind a geometric V-Ray light (such as Rectangular, Sphere, Mesh lights). As a workaround, you could use a V-Ray Omni, Spotlight or IES light.

Hi Georgi, I'm having an issue with Vray Next in Maya with this too. I'm using depth scaling to fade out/thin the toon lines over distance. Where I have a Vray rectangle light in my scene the lines revert back to their original width on objects that are behind the light.

Comment

Working...
        X