LC for RT GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC for RT GPU?

I read the docu and ask me, should it be possible to use LC as primary and secondary engine? I tried it, but it looks horrible. Or is the switch missing to set the LC in progressive path tracing mode (like known from VfR2)?

www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Does is make sense, now you can have a progressive render instead of buckets?

Comment

LC never showed buckets. I ask me, could using LC-LC bring some advantages like more speed. At the moment LC-BF is working only.

Comment

Also at the GPU help page I found:
        Using Light Cache (as a secondary GI engine) with V-Ray GPU is possible only when rendering in production mode
        Production mode means, GPU and disabled "interactive" or? Here I see the LC run at the CPU, also quite slow, approx. at 30%..50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
          LC never showed buckets. I ask me, could using LC-LC bring some advantages like more speed. At the moment LC-BF is working only.
          Maybe I'm wrong, I thought the "old" way with LC-LC was for having a progressive render AND high quality, but also pretty slow(?), but now we have progressive with BF, we can just crank up the quality there instead? Not a 1:1 solution, but better for speed and quality with LC+BF?

Comment

At the moment I have LC+BF (GPU mode). It's faster than if I would set BF+BF. I'm not happy with the BF, the spiral bucket calculation isn't a progressive calculation, quite slow some times and runs in "passes" (one complete spiral needs to be rendered). So, my hope is that LC+LC could work better.

But maybe LC+LC is no solution and the BF needs to be optimized. Could it be that there are some options missing? My current test scene works horrible and I find no solution.

Comment

Working...
            X