Stopping my diamonds reflecting the metal underneath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping my diamonds reflecting the metal underneath

Hi All, I hope you can help. I have managed to get my diamonds to look great until I have them set into the metal. I have tried to use a wrapper but I am struggling. Here is an image. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Hi Luke,

If you're after a realistic setup, the looks of your crystals depends mainly on the scene setup - object and lights positioning combined with the environment map.
    If on the other hand you wan't to direct the setup and not necessarily base it on the real world you should check the following discussion:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...s-in-secondary

We used to have a material option called Ignore Objects in Secondary (in V-Ray 2 & 3) that was making sure that all rays that go through the material ignore other scene objects and go straight to the environment.
    It'll be coming back with our next update so you'll be able to experiment with it and see if helps you.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Thanks, Konstantin, Looks like my fix! I have downloaded it and unzipped it but it won't import into my vray 3.6 for some strange reason

Comment

The material you've downloaded was build with V-Ray Next and would not open in 3.6
        In V-Ray 3.6 there is a hidden option in every material that can be enabled to give you the same effect.
        Here's how you enable it:
        - Save out the crystal material to file (vrmat)
        - Open the file in a text editor
        - Search for a parameter called "ignore_objects"
        - Set its '<value></value>' to 1 (it's 0 by default)
        - Save the changes, load the material back in the Asset Editor and use it

Click image for larger version

Name:	ignore_objects_option.png
Views:	187
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1042097

Comment

Working...
        X