Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not having luck with thin wall glass material > any great ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not having luck with thin wall glass material > any great ideas?

The glassware in this this image should not be blue-gray-green, but when I lower the fog color or intensity, it disappears. I've always spent WAY too much time tweaking glass. Any great ideas welcome. Mediocre ideas also welcome.

Originally posted by schultzeworks View Post
    The glassware in this this image should not be blue-gray-green, but when I lower the fog color or intensity, it disappears. I've always spent WAY too much time tweaking glass. Any great ideas welcome. Mediocre ideas also welcome.
    I would try these options in sequence:

Option 1, desaturate fog color and play with fog multiplier and fog bias (maybe set it +1 to decrease the edge darkening effect.)
    Option 2, add reflect on backside to improve reflections realism
    Add something in the environment to make sure there is something to reflect.
    Option 3, increase max depth for refl/refr (10 should work)

Comment

Grigio! Thanks for all of the excellent (and specific) suggestions. I switched over to a crystal material for more intense reflection, but then used your settings. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Tomorrow, I will post a link to the forum of my latest project : a new start-up company called www.gridopolis.games. All of the models / prototypes / renders / animations were done with Rhino and V-Ray.

Comment

Grigio18

OK, I have made further refinements and can say it finally looks as real as everything else! Thanks again for jumping in so quickly with perfect advice.

You can now see this rendering (and more!) on our new kickstarter campaign page. Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gridopolis/gridopolis

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X