Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost material

Hi ya

I am making a leaf material and have created an opacity map to place of the leaf so that the edges and shape are more under control. the leaf is looking good but the remaining part of the shape is showing in the renders as a misty, translucent material. Doesn't show in interactive only when rendering and on the viewport in rendered mode.

Thanks

Adam

Hi,

Could you please share the project with us so we can investigate in detail? If this is alright, please send an archived copy (V-Ray > Pack Project) to support@chaosgroup.com via email or a file-sharing service of your choice.

Comment

Yep sure can.

I'm not even sure if I'm going about making my leaf material in the right way to be honest but I'm learning so it will teach me something
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shapebubble View Post
        Yep sure can.

I'm not even sure if I'm going about making my leaf material in the right way to be honest but I'm learning so it will teach me something
        here I explain how to create a good leaf material..

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...es-best-result

Your opacity map have something wrong, try to set the opacity mode to clip.

you made a lot of errors, but if you follow my guide in the other thread you can solve every issue.

Comment

shapebubble

Thank you for the files provided!

The issue occurs due to the slotted map in the Translucency parameter of the Two-Sided material. Please note that this parameter controls which face (Front or Back) of the geometry is more visible to the camera.

Comment

Thanks Georgi, that got rid of it

Comment

Working...
            X