CPU and GPU Underperforming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU and GPU Underperforming!

I've recently built a PC for work. I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11264MP GPU and a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-Core Processor. My Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers are all up to date. When I run the Benchmark I am getting the results I would expect. Unfortunately when I am actually rendering with V-Ray and Rhino the results are quite depressing. I have a I9 8-Core iMac at home with a Vega AMD Gpu and it blows this thing out of the water. The iMac benchmark is about half of the custom PC but outperforms it in actual use. From Rhino and other forums I see that I am not the only one that is not experiencing what they've hoped to with this type of hardware and V-Ray software (https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/is-so...ring-wtf/85904). Some people said the previous version of V-Ray Next for Rhino had better performance so I tried that and I get a "Core Error Message" so I reinstalled the most recent version. It almost seems like the first version of V-Ray Next for Rhino didn't support more than 8-Cores but that this most recent version does but can not make any use of them. I've been getting some really strange results doing just GPU rendering. Some of the meshes won't render and it is super slow. Does anyone know why my iMac would be outperforming this "beast" of a computer? V-Ray Next for Rhino seems very half-baked. I'm guessing that if it was the 3D Studio Max version all of these bugs would have already been looked at. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do differently to totally benefit from the hardware I am using?

Here is the benchmark results I had with this custom PC.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Could you please provide some additional information?
      1. Does this occur with specific project or any (even newly created ones)?
      2. Are you using custom render settings / vropt files? Which version of V-Ray were they saved with?
      3. What render mode are you using (CPU or GPU? Progressive or non-progressive?)
      4. Are you using any other 3rd party plugins?

Comment

Hello Georgi,

Please see my responses to your questions.

1. Does this occur with specific project or any (even newly created ones)? Yes new and old files.
        2. Are you using custom render settings / vropt files? Which version of V-Ray were they saved with? No I am not.
        3. What render mode are you using (CPU or GPU? Progressive or non-progressive?) All of them. CPU seems slow (I have 16 cores) and GPU (I have a GTX Nvidia 2080 Ti). Both progressive and non-progressive seem slow.
        4. Are you using any other 3rd party plugins? No I am not.

Comment

PixelPerson81

Thank you for the feedback!

Could you please follow up on the private message I have sent you?

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPerson81 View Post
            Here is the benchmark results I had with this custom PC.
            Quite good benchmark results. I have seen a little bit lower results with the same hardware, but something was wrong with my RAM and the machine is at the repair service at the moment.
            www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Georgi were you able to download and look at the file? Please confirm that you received it.

Comment

PixelPerson81

Kindly note that I have sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                X