Rendering with Background Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering with Background Picture

Hi, I have tried rendering my images with background pictures such as the picture i have attached.

How can I achieve this? any help?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

I mean rendering my jewelry models with background pictures like this.

Comment

Hi Myteax,

My usual method for doing this is to add a wallpaper in the viewport (properties panel - wallpaper), then set the render output to the same dimensions as the image.
      Next I align the object with the wallpaper, add lights so that they match the image. For this image I might use a dome light and put the background image into it to give a similar environment lighting colouration and reflections.
      You could add a floor if necessary, something matching the wood.

Then I would render it and save out as an image format that saves transparency (I use png/exr).
      Next in photoshop put the render over the top of the original image used as the background, and composite the two images together.

You might also like to render out a z-Depth pass to add the focal blur. This can be added as a photoshop layer, copied into an alpha channel and then using Filter->Blur->Lens Blur, with the alpha channel selected as the Depth Map.

There are more advanced ways to do this, but this should get you up and running.

Ash

Comment

Working...
      X