Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export/ import vray proxy with animation

Hello,

I have found some 3DsMax vray assets available with animation already applied - trees that simulate blowing in the wind:
    https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models...-model-1149025

If I were to open these in 3DsMax and then export as a vray proxy then import these proxies into Rhino, would the trees still be animated? In theory I think this should work as on Vray's website for Rhino it states:

"
    Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models. Easily add pre-animated 3D objects with animated V-Ray proxies."

Has anyone got any experience? I don't want to purchase the assets then discover they don't work!

Thanks for your help.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Yes, the animation will still work.
    After import you'll be able to control the playback with the help of the proxy options in the Asset Editor.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Hello again,

I have tested exporting some proxies from 3ds Max and importing in Rhino however now the proxies are without materials. Is there a way I can translate from max to rhino preserving both animations and materials?
        Thanks

Comment

I would go with .vrscene export in this case.
          Keep in mind that partial vrscenes can't be exported from 3ds Max - the entire scene is always exported.
          So, make sure to isolate only the objects you want to transfer and export an animated scene.
          You can then load it in Rhino as a reference, the same way Proxy Meshes are imported.

Comment

Working...
          X