Parabolic Mirror - reflected beam not visible in volumetric environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parabolic Mirror - reflected beam not visible in volumetric environment

I'm trying to visualise a light beam as it should bounce off a parabolic mirror. The image (sorry for the quality) shows two lights (spotlight and plane light) shining into the centre of a parabolic mirror and reflecting light onto the surface directly above. As you can see the reflected light on the surface above the mirror appears correct, although I would expect it to be a bit sharper.

What I'm struggling with is getting the beam to show up in the volumetric environment the same way as the original lights. Is there a setting I'm missing? Is this possible in V-Ray. I'm using V-Ray Next for Rhino 6.

Edit: I'm not certain this is how it should work in real life so please correct me if this is impossible.

Actual render

Desired render with beam visible (different colour to highlight)

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply!

Kindly note that it is necessary that the Photon Mapped Caustics are enabled in this case.
    For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...MappedCaustics

Another workflow to achieve the desired effect is to fake it with an additional V-Ray Light
    Last edited by georgi.georgiev; 19-12-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X