Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Render Engine Differences and DPI Settings

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify the differences and benefits of the V-Ray render engines available (CPU/CUDA/GPU).
    I’ve noticed that only the CPU render engine allows certain options such as different “Primary Rays” settings under “Global Illumination”, or the “Ambient Occlusion Setting”. Why is that?
    Is there a quality/time difference between the render engines?

Also, does V-Ray have adjustable settings for render/output dpi? There seems to be an adjustable setting for dpi on Rhino’s render tab under “Resolution and Quality”, but there are no such settings (at least when I’ve tried looking) in V-Ray’s asset editor. I am unsure if the dpi settings on Rhino’s render tab would change things in V-Ray, as I have read elsewhere that V-Ray always renders in 72 dpi. Can anyone confirm or elaborate on this?

It depends mainly on yor computer.

If you have Nvidia RTX card, use RTX. Otherwise use CPU. If your scene is too heavy for GPU memory, you have to optimize or again, switch to CPU.

DPI is irrelevant for render engines. You just set Width and Height in pixels. Comes into play when you decide to print your image and when you know size of the paper you're going to use. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_p...al_image_files

Comment

Working...
    X