Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Batch render with combination of Named Views and Named Positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Batch render with combination of Named Views and Named Positions?

Hi,

I wonder if the Vray Batch render is able to automatically activate a combination of Named Views and Named Positions.
    For example: I have Named views A and B and also Named Positions C and D.

I would like to batch render:
    - A + C
    - A + D
    - B + C
    - B + D

I know Vray also supports Snapshots, which can save all the Named functions in Rhino.
    But the downside of Snapshots is that it affects ALL objects, but I only want a certain set of objects to be changed using the Named Positions.

So, is it possible to have the Batch renderer configured to activate a certain combination of Named Views and Named Postions?

Hi CCal​,

The Batch rendering workflow in V-Ray does not currently account for named object positions.
    The snapshots are your only option at this stage.

Showing all the stored positions in the Batch window doesn't seem like a very good idea.
    Allowing for 1 position per view to be activated makes more sense but someone from the dev team will have to check if we have the Rhino API access we need.
    Even if it is possible I'm not sure if the workflow would be intuitive.

Can you describe how you imagine this working?

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

HI konstantin_chaos,

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your question, I describe the situation I ran into.
      I was modelling an interior scene where the camera was pointing towards the kitchen, I have a bi-folding doors that separates the kitchen from the living room. (the camera is in the livingroom)
      In one named position I have the bi-fold door opened and in another named position, the bi-fold doors are closed. Both with the same camera position. So it's easier to compare.

While this can be achieved with snapshots (using a combination of positions, layer states, etc), but the issue I ran into with snapshots is, that my model is still work-in-progress, so in other parts of the scene, I am still creating, moving, deleting, modifying geometries. Snapshots would create a mess if i have to do the kitchen renders every now and then.
      My understanding is that snapshots cannot be applied to pre-selected objects, so that is why I used Named Positions instead.

I hope the situation I described above give some clarity and answers your question.

Comment

Indeed, what you've described makes sense.
        I'll have to think about this and will let you know if we decide to make a move in that direction.

Comment

Thank you, konstantin_chaos.
          Looking forward to you decision and reply.

Comment

Working...
          X