Grasshopper Timeline - How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grasshopper Timeline - How to?

Hello, I have been using V-Ray for Rhino for quite some time, Grasshopper for a couple of years, but am fairly new to using V-Ray to render inside of Grasshopper. I have set up a paneled wall where a sphere is generated to follow a curve and open the triangulated panels as it passes. I've checked a bunch of videos and tutorials and am at a loss for how to animate this using a V-Ray timeline component. I keep receiving an error message when I try to connect the "Parameter" component from the "Evaluate Curve" one to the V-Ray Timeline. I'm definitely missing something. Does anyone know what I could do to correct this so I could fully animate the sequence via V-Ray inside of Grasshopper? I tried to attach the Rhino and Grasshopper files but the forum says I can't do that with those file extensions. I've included screenshots instead.
    Attached Files

Hello PixelPerson81,
    edit 2: use the timeline as your default slider for the whole project, the Frames input is just one fixed number and for your project you either use the Frame or Fraction output.

This is my setup, does it help? All other settings are carried from V-Ray in Rhino, I just create a grasshopper geometry using the 0-1 parameter from Timeline, give it a material, enable the final node, right click and Render / Render Animation. Also go to V-ray and set panels Render Output > Save Image and panel Animation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	1166155
    Last edited by Jonish; 24-11-2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81​,

We've recently published a short video describing the animation workflow in Grasshopper:

I hope you'll find it useful.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X