Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking Textures

Hi All,
    I wonder if it's possible to bake AO and some textures like bump and diffuse. I understand that if you export to vision ( something I never did) V-Ray would bake things, right?
    But how can we do that? I'm in the middle of a project that needs to be shared with people using Unreal engine, and they expect BPR materials.
    Any idea of the best way to share my Rhino 3D models?

I am also interested in baking. The easy-to-use VR tour software 3Dvista has recently started to support the display of 3D objects. Of course, the look of the 3D objects would be much better if you could bake textures and lighting to the surfaces.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Maybe a little out of topic, but Micha how can I create VR tour from Rhino+Vray 3d model? I was trying rhino to unreal with help of datasmith nad vray for unreal in past, but the results was very different. It seems that to recreate vray scene to look similar in unreal, there is a lot of work. Is there some simpler method for creating of VR experience for clients? I create archviz renders.

Thanks

Comment

I create VR tours by rendering panoramas and building a tour via 3Dvista. I don't create tours by game engine or anything like that.

The panorama tours allow to get full render quality, also in stereo if needed, and creation process can be quite simple and fast. The final user don't expensive hardware and the tour can be visited per web page or standalone tour for PC/Mac. 3Dvista allow to add a lot of nice extra features like tour plan, images, videos, popup infos, PDF ... .
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank for answer. Now I use similar technique with 360 renders, but I use different app which is not suitable for VR tours. It cant use stereo renders. I´ll look into it.

Comment

Hi guys,

Even if we enable baking in V-Ray for Rhino, baking the lighting for an entire scene is going to be extremely complicated and time consuming.
            Even more so with the limited UV Unwrapping tools in Rhino (doing it in Max will be a walk in the park in comparison...)
            One things we've experimented with is automatically unwrapping the entire scene, baking it and then loading it in Vision (with lightmaps) but the results from this experiment were unstable and the experiment is now put on hold.

One option you have if you wanna bring your project to Unreal is V-Ray for Unreal - example video
            After the project is transferred as a vrscene the baking can be done there. Still the result might vary depending on the project's complexity.

As for the Panorama Tours:
            We have plans to enable this workflow within the Chaos ecosystem as part of the Collaboration service.
            We will basically streamline the setup process and give a great platform where you'll be able to store and share such presentations.

Regards,
            Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
              As for the Panorama Tours:
              We have plans to enable this workflow within the Chaos ecosystem as part of the Collaboration service.
              We will basically streamline the setup process and give a great platform where you'll be able to store and share such presentations.

Regards,
              Konstantin
              This sounds very good to me. Cant wait for more infos.

Comment

Working...
              X