Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump Texture Channel missing / alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Texture Channel missing / alternative?

Hey all!
    My understanding is if I want to soften the edges on a material I should use an (additional) bump map with Edges texture set to "Bump Texture Channel" . Yet this one doesn't exist in Vray for Rhino, instead (besides Bump and Normal map options) we get "Local Space Bump" as a third option, which doesn't make the soft edges appear.
    Please help, how can you apply edge rounding in Vray for Rhino?
    Many thanks!

"Bump Map" works fine here in GPU mode.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
      "Bump Map" works fine here in GPU mode.
      Thank you for your answer. I was on RTX mode. Tried switching to both CPU and CUDA, but the same is valid as written in my initial post. So you actually get the "Bump Texture Channel" mode? May I ask which version of Vray for Rhino you are using?

Comment

I use this feature on VfR 5 and 6. The "Bump Texture Channel" is not shown in VfR6, but the default mode should work. Which version do you use?
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Dear all, hello.

I will jump into the discussion.
          From V-Ray 6 on Bump Texture Channel was renamed to Local Space Bump.

Recently a similar question was asked in V-Ray for Revit section, please take a look here.
          Excuse us for the confusion, the docs are updated and the right mode is listed in the official page about Edges Tex.

Follow the advices there step by step, check the file units and the size of the object.
          If you still aren't able to achieve round edges with this approach, feel free to share with us the file and we will take a look.

Best regards,
          TS

Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
          3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetomira.girginova View Post
            Dear all, hello.

I will jump into the discussion.
            From V-Ray 6 on Bump Texture Channel was renamed to Local Space Bump.

Recently a similar question was asked in V-Ray for Revit section, please take a look here.
            Excuse us for the confusion, the docs are updated and the right mode is listed in the official page about Edges Tex.

Follow the advices there step by step, check the file units and the size of the object.
            If you still aren't able to achieve round edges with this approach, feel free to share with us the file and we will take a look.

Best regards,
            TS

Hi! thanks, it seems i just needed to make the value a lot higher (in the preview the black edges take over everything, but it works, so i am happy).

Comment

Thank you for sharing!

Now we are happy too.

Contact us again if needed.
              Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
              3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X