Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which rendering method for very complex interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which rendering method for very complex interior?

Hi all,

I am working on very complex interior (conference room, 2-3M polygons, many glossy reflections, many small details). Hopefully I will post final images next week.

But now I am struggling with rendering metod and also with lighting. There is quite few thin and long light sources under the roof, see below.

If I use area lights, the computation is very slow and the result is rather noisy. I tried also luminiscent material but I couldn?t get it to work - it always renders black with no light.

I am also not sure which rendering method should I choose. Light cache gives me nice light distribution and it?s fast but it?s full of artifacts:

Irradiance is very slow on glossy reflections. Room dimensions are 22000 x 18000 x 6600 mm. Lighting: GI sky, Sun (directional light) and 20 thin and long area lights.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jan

to remove those artifacts you should increase the number of subdivs for the light cache. Other than that, I'm sure someone else can probably give you more information on which method is best for in-door scenes.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

PIF,

Have a look at this tutorial.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRay...s_interior.htm

Best regards,

Corey
      Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
      Director

Chaos Group

Comment

If you're new to vray, I would start with a simpler file to learn it. it's very important you have a good understanding of each GI engine, and their controls. Otherwise you'll get completely lost and end up with excessive rendertimes trying to reduce noise in a wrong way for example.

The manual and its tutorials are a good place to start, I also made some vray tutorials here (vray for max but parameters are the same):
        http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorials/00.htm
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

joeb, crubadue, flipside: thanks for your kind help. I am learning quickly, I am in CG business for 20 years I am already starting to get some decent results in reasonable time. Hopefully I will post them soon.

Thanks,
          Jan

Comment

Working...
          X