Can't select the mapping manipulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't select the mapping manipulator

I'm trying to select and rotate a planar map but it just won't let me select it. Any ideas?

thanks

Usually Rhino is really finicky about letting you select mapping widgets. What I usually do is adjusting the widget by typing values in the mapping properties. Its not neccessarily the easiest way to do it, but it works more often then trying to select the mapping widget.

Since you want to rotate the widget, keep in mind that x,y, and z values will correspond to rotating about that axis. (i.e. typing 90 as a z value will rotate the widget in plan or top view.)
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks dalomar...

Comment

yes this is what I do now,
        But it's really strange because maybe 3 month later I was able to move the widget and scale it etc etc. really fast. now, if I need to rotate and fit parrallel to a plane for teh projection etc etc, it's becoming pain in the ass to find the perfect angle etc.

Jp
        Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Comment

it's in the same category of "the widget doesn't disapear even if I click hide"
          Jp

Comment

The mapping in V4 is ten times better as far as workablity and ease of use. Another reason on a long list of why you should upgrade from v3 to v4.

Comment

as soon as VRAY works on V4

:P

Renee

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                The mapping in V4 is ten times better as far as workablity and ease of use. Another reason on a long list of why you should upgrade from v3 to v4.

with what rendering engine did you tested the mapping of V4 ? JP

Comment

VRay. We've had an internal build for a little while. I won't give any dates or make any promises cause if I did Joe would choke me.

Comment

It's a RCM bug, somewhere at the forum reported. The problem is, if layer one is locked, all widgets are locked to. Problem, if you forget, what was the default layer one of your file.

http://www.asgvis.com/phpBB2/viewtop...ghlight=widget
                    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I have the problem too... but it only seems to be in the 'perspective' window. I can select the mapping widget in an orthogonal view, then move, rotate etc in all views.

Comment

Could be nice, if you save the file (you could delete all not needed objects) and send it to the ASGvis team.
                        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

As Micha said - I believe the error is related to having the default layer locked/hidden. But if you give me a scene with this issue I can take a look.
                          Best regards,
                          Joe Bacigalupa
                          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                          X