V-ray for Rhino book !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-ray for Rhino book !!!!!!!

The book itself is very good. If it wasn't we definitely wouldn't spend the time/effort to translate it. As for who it is aimed at, it pretty much starts with a blank slate so its good for new users. You only need a basic rhino knowledge to use and understand the book. It does progress into doing more advanced things and goes through almost every feature in vfr with a good explanation of each one. Almost every stage of the book has an accompanying scene file that you can go along with. Some of the material that is covered in the book is available in the tutorials section, but its much different. The book explains things in a much more straight foward, clear, and unrushed kind of way. Not saying that our tutorials here aren't good, but the assume that you know your way around abit which can be daunting for someone who doesn't. There are also many things in the book that our tutorials here do not explicitly go over. Hope this helps explain a little more about it. As for a progress update, we are in the final stages of proofreading/editing, so after that its off to printing. We are looking into writing a few short sections on new features in the upcoming SR, but that depends on a number of things.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

sounds great, I will probably buy it if it doesnt cost TOO much. I often find myself going back to tutorials and forum and checking things I already "know", so it would be nice to have a book on the shelf for that.

Comment

Don't worry it will be reasonable and not anything close to a college physics textbook (mine were +$70 ). And it will definitely be a resource that you'll go back to time and again.

Comment

I guess this delay is because ASGVIS wants to insert something of the new release correct?

Or else we would buy a book that is a bit obsolete no?

When can I have it? I want a couple

Thanks
          sergio

Comment

For the most part yes. It probably wouldn't be useful to our customers to provide a book that doesn't have all of the features, so since we've been working on it so close to release we figured that it would be a good idea to put the new features in there. I can talk to Corey about possibly setting up a pre-order for people that want to make sure they get their hands on it, but can't guarantee if we'll have one. We'll get it out as soon as we can...if it would have the new features the release would probably have to be out first, so don't expect the book to soon just based on that.

Comment

Any update on the book release date?

Comment

Any news about the book?

When will it come out ?

Thanks
                Sergio Silva

Comment

All of the editing, additions, and what not are all finished, so all thats left is printing. I'm not sure what exactly time frame on that is, but everything else is done. Corey hasn't shared any of the printing details with me, but maybe we can see if we can put up a few pages. I can't imagine that this will take too long as this has been a priority getting this finished.

Comment

I will add-

I am on it. I hope to package up the files tonight to be printed. I was told that the printing will take 2 weeks. I will keep you all posted.

Also, we are about to convert our V-Ray for Rhino book into a V-Ray for SketchUp book. Hopefully we will not take more than 30 days to get that sent to the printer.

Best-

Corey
                    Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
                    Director

Chaos Group

Comment

*chants* Pre-order! Pre-order! Pre-order!

Me wanty...

Me likey...

Me needy...
                      ~Krylon

Comment

We have released the book and it is free to download. Corey has made the announcement here. If you would like a printed version, please let us know as we are determining how we are going to go about the situation.

Comment

Put me down for one, even though I am still having trouble with finding the download, I just know it will be a 'must have'.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                          X