Very little details...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very little details...

Which are the optimal settings to well accentuate very little details in interiors, like very slight joint of materials ?

Re: Very little details...

The problem is, that the fast IM smooth details. So, you can choose between direct computing per QMC+LC or you use the DetailEnhancement feature of the IM (IM+DE+LC). In scenes with not so much areas with high details the IM+DE+LC is faster.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank you very much Micha... I tried with QMC+LC in vfR 1.0 - with VLADO'S settings - but without very good results. Can you indicate me some more efficient settings?

Comment

The Vlado setup is not so bad, if you use QMC. It's slow. The universal setup works with IM too, but in some difficult cases the IM works not together with the universal settings, it's aproblem of different noise types of IM and QMC (low and high frequent noise).

I stick at a manual setup and IM+LC. If I need details and not highest speed, than I enable the DE. You find a ready setup at Starterkit 3.
        Maybe, it's good for details to lower the samples size of the LC from 0.02 to 0.1/0.05.
        If speed is the first goal, than I use IM+LC only, but for better details I change the undersampling from -1 to 0.

Comment

Here are some IR examples when compared to QMC from Spot 3d. There isn't a DE example on there, but I imagine it would be quite close to the QMC result

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...edimap.htm#ex5
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

... and sometimes it is good to use higher image sample counts. Default I use 1/4 and for high detail I jump to 2/5.

Comment

Thanks to all... It's hard but i will try...

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                Here are some IR examples when compared to QMC from Spot 3d. There isn't a DE example on there, but I imagine it would be quite close to the QMC result

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...edimap.htm#ex5
                ^

Damien, do you know, how this nice triangle mesh can be shown in the rendering?

Comment

I don't know, but I would definitely like to be able to reproduce it. I will fiddle around with vfmax and see if I can find a setting that will do that. There are a bunch of random things in vfmax that we don't have in vfr that produce random, but cool results (AA samples is one of them). Best post on CG and see if anyone overthere (perhaps Vlado) knows how they got those triangles.

Comment

Thanks.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=19180

Comment

I would love it if we could get that option. Also I would like the ability to show the AA samples bc that can do a quasi sketchy kind of thing. Two more things on the long list of not so important wishes.

Comment

Working...
                      X