Sky And Sunlight Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky And Sunlight Issues

When I change the time of the location in sunlight properties there is no effect on the light in the scene. For example 12 midnight is just as bright as 12 in the afternoon. The GI skylight and background of the scene are both set to default - sky. I’m still using Vray For Rhino 4 v.1 maybe it’s a version related issue or maybe I’m doing something wrong. Please advise. :

Re: Sky And Sunlight Issues

In the environment mapping, by default the sky is mapped to the default light. You have to change it to reference the sunlight that you added to the scene. That should take care of it, but you might also want to change the sky so that it takes its atributes from the sun's paramenters.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks Dalomar! I couldn’t find the option to turn off the default light the first time. Now it works like it should!

Comment

I'm trying the V3 SR1, but the only light appearing in the Environment (GI and Background)is the default light. I've created and placed the Sun using the Skylight System icon, but it doesn't affect the scene. Is there a step I'm missing?

Comment

Do you get the Sunlight dialog box? I haven't gotten a chance to install the new version for v3, so I can't say to much specifically yet. If you don't have RDK installed then it might not let you add a sunlight system. RDK should have been in our installer, but I don't know if Joe didn't put it in this time around.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yeah, I get the dialog box.
            I set the sun location and time, click once in the Rhino window to place the sun. That all seems fine, but when I try the Environment and GI texture editors the light doesn't appear under the 'Sun' option in the light list, only the 'Default' light.

Oh and I should mention that the default light renders even when the default light check-box is un-clicked in the Global Switches with the Sun/Sky system enabled, I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

Comment

I'll have to take a look at that - your sure it isn't the sun light?
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I have been testing VRAY for 3dsmax. Now I use VRAY 4 rhino 4.0

now there are some basic differences.

Can somebody please answer these questions:

I set up a scene with basic geometrical shapes, then render (IM+MC).
                There seems to be a basic set for the sunlight as a default setting and also background colors.

VRAY 3dsMAX:
                ENVIRONMENT settings:
                in 3dsmax you DO NOT get a direct light when you activate the, you get a smooth, like a cloudy environment light.
                then you have the environtment background color which is black by default

VRAY for Rhino:
                there is a default setting in the Environtment section Which is a direct skylight, which casts a sharp shadow.

Where can I change this setting. I would like to have a smooth shadow???

and how can i change the background color to white? or red or any other color?

I appreciate the answer.

I'm a stupid newbie

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
                  I suppose it could be the sun, however it doesn't match the orientation/height of the sun placed in the scene using the Sun/Sky system.

Comment

Originally posted by bdcali
                    Originally posted by Joe B
                    I suppose it could be the sun, however it doesn't match the orientation/height of the sun placed in the scene using the Sun/Sky system.
                    It might be a long shot,but in VFr4,if I have a material that override the reflection with a sky,the regular sun does not work any more.I have dig a long time to find my problem the other day,and I pretty sure I posted something in the bug section.

Comment

i take my questions back.
                      everything is working right.... cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X