Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mat to vismat?

;D

Hey there...I know that on vray-materials.de there is alot of rumor about a .mat to .vismat file conversion? I am to also understand that this conversion ability is available with vray for r4. my office just got it and I am wondering how to do it.

Thankies!

~Gabe

PS-Micha, I owe you a burrito for the sub surface scattering tutorial link. That was the one that I found in japanese. wonderful stuff!
    ~Krylon

Re: mat to vismat?

NP.

Is the material converter released? What is the current state?
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I don't really know. I am trying to find it in some hidden folder in the install directory or some hidden tab.

It was just a floating rumor that the new vray was supposed to have it.
      ~Krylon

Comment

It's not a rumor, read this post

Joe B on April 29, 2007, 10:27:23 PM
        This converter should be released at the same time as our official VfR4 release.

http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...0&topic=2092.0

Comment

Yep - its coming. My hands are a bit tied with something else at the moment. But I think we should be posting that along with the batch render plugin for v4 as soon as I have a little free time. Sorry for the delay.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!

;D

I am so stoked! Thanks for the speedy reply about that. I have been trying to cheat in the meantime, but the renders I am working on are going to be amazing once that thing comes out.

Is there going to be a version of VRAY Fur? That would be awesome for shag carpets and ...furry chairs?

haha.
            ~Krylon

Comment

Yeah we've kicked around the V-Ray Fur idea for a future release. We haven't fully determined what our next goals are going to be. The only thing that we are 100% certain of is we will be implementing a floating license system asap.
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X