rhino interface off-topic question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhino interface off-topic question.

I love you guys and I know I should be slapped for asking such a non vfr question, but I accidentally moved my command prompt and know my rhino interface is all messed up. Anyone know how I could reload the default. I tried going through toolbar layout, but the viewports have taken over everything. Any help is appreciated.

I am sorry again for posting this here, but this is my favorite site and I Know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who might be able to help. Thanks so much!

~Gabe
    ~Krylon

Re: rhino interface off-topic question.

You can try going to options (Tools > Options on the top menu bar) then go to Appearance and try to restore the defaults from there. I've had toolbars disappear on me, but not what your describing. I'm not so sure what you mean by the viewports taking over everything, but if you provide a screenshot that would be helpful too.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

ahhh!
      ~Krylon

Comment

Yeah, trying to restore defaults failed...I really don't want to have to reinstall Rhino, but I am thinking that is going to be my only hope. It just had to be on a day I have like3 things due for freelance stuff...go figure. I know my hot-keys and such. I just feel as though I am looking at my child and his face is horribly disfigured and I can't scoop his face back to normal...hahah...ew.
        ~Krylon

Comment

okay...it looks as though you've undocked all of your viewports at once. You can try closing each viewport by rightclicking on the viewport name and at the bottom should be the option to close it. After you close all of them you should be able to see all of your toolbars and the command line again. now type 4view into the command line and that should be good for you.

Comment

I can close 3 out of four and then the fourth one the option to close is ghosted out. Once I type four view it just goes back to the above. I think I just made some weird bug come out or something. I can still type out my commands, but I can't get to my object property tool. When I undock it, I can push the property button, but the bar is appearing behind all of the viewports and the black.

I am just going to reinstall tonight. Thanks a bunch for your time on this one.

ARRGH!...haha... ;D
            ~Krylon

Comment

Update...

All fixed last night...just repaired the file...*shrugs*...That'll do pig...that'll do.
              ~Krylon

Comment

This works every time (No need to re-install!)

You simply need to re-load your preferences (toolbar or .tb) file:

In Rhino, go to Tools --> Toolbar Layout (verify 'default' is selected) --> File --> Open

At this point, your want to point Rhino BACK to the the directory where its installed, and where they buried the damn default.tb file. Rhino 4 is harder to find than Rhino3, so use this path :

Browse to --> c: / Documents and Settings / Rhino 4.0 / All Users / Application Data / McNeel / Rhinoceros / 4.0 / default.tb

If your system located the 'default.tb' file elsewhere, just do a search and then point Rhino to the file the same way.

Comment

That path is much easier to find if you allow hidden folders to be shown. In a regular explorer window go Tools>Folder Options>View and under Hidden Files and Folders click on the show option. You may not want to have it on all the time, but if may make locating that default toolbar scheme a bit easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X