Angled brick texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angled brick texture

Hi guys, I'm trying to make a brick wall that has a row of bricks that sit at 45 degree angles to each other...in essence creating "pointed" bricks (think repeating "w's" in plan) How would I do this without actually modeling each brick?
    Also I'm having trouble with the scaling of textures, I read an older post about this, but still don't understand...I scaled the material in the vray material editor using uv coordinates. When I then apply that to a different object, the scaling is all off...how do I correct this?

Thanks guys!

Ryan.

Re: Angled brick texture

If you like to get the same mapping size at different objects, that best you use the Rhino mapping tool with the same widget size. For example I use the box mapping often.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

So where I assign the material by pulg-in, use the texture mapping option? Then once in there, do I use the "general" position, size, rotation....or the UVW offset, rotation repeat? What is the difference?
      Also, any ideas about the angled brick?

Comment

Originally posted by mtbmarsh
        So where I assign the material by pulg-in, use the texture mapping option? Then once in there, do I use the "general" position, size, rotation....or the UVW offset, rotation repeat? What is the difference?
        Yep - use that texture mapping page. You can also choose to "Show" the channel in the viewport and there will be a little widget you can manipulate to change the size of the mapping. But it also works fine to enter that data in by hand in the size/rotation/offset edit boxes.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Fantastic, thanks guys...now anyone on the angled brick??

Comment

Could you post an image of the look?

EDIT: Here a thread with textures links.
            http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...90&topic=906.0

Comment

ok heres a slightly different problem. I'm trying to get this single band of brick to wrap the chamfered corner and continue around. I had this band as one swept object but couldn't get the uvw right...so i split the object into three separate things, then again tried to change the UVW of the mapping channel. When I change one side, it seems to change all of them...do I add more channels?
              The left side of the image is what I'm going for...

Also is there anywhere I can read up on all this mapping, channels and UVW...I still don't quite get it!

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5294/detail6qv5.jpg

Comment

Select the whole band and set the mapping at "box". Maybe it's not 100% perfect, but it should look good.

PS: If you like to post images here, you can insert the link, mark the link and press the "insert image" button of the forum interface. Than you get the right html code.

Comment

Working...
                X