Black Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Render

When I download the Startscene02.3dm from Micha and hit the blue render ball the scene is completely black. I cannot even get the visual to match so I can't manipulate the settings. From the tutorial I do not see where the Render Options are listed so I can check them off -- please advise if there is a link of this somewhere. Thank you.

Re: Black Render

Chances are the Physical Camera is enabled, which will set the exposure for the scene, which in this case is probably too high for the illumination levels that you have in your scene. Your best bet in this case is to either disable exposure in the Physical Camera settings, or switch back to the standard camera (disable the physical camera).
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

The phys cam is disabled, so I suppose you forget to set the paths of the environments HDRI textures. The paths of the Rhino file are linked to the files at my computer, but you must set the path at your computer again.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank you, however, when I try to re map the hdr file it does not allow me to select it as Rhino only recognises .bmp .tga .jpeg .pcs .png .tif files. I have to resave the file as one of these?

Comment

Sorry that still did not work. I re mapped the file after saving it as a tiff in the Material Properties section. Where am I supposed to be mapping these files? Also, which surface/object maps to which image file? There's the curved back drop, the ball, and the box? Sorry that I need such step by step instruction but I'm really not getting this.

Comment

You need to map them in the environment settings. There's no geometry that you need to apply it to. Once you go the the environment rollout, and click on the little M by GI the texture editor will apear. All you have to do is point it to the new location of the file, everything else should be set.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks. That worked.

Comment

Working...
              X