Max render size? - Push the limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max render size? - Push the limit.

I have a problem: a rendering with 9000x9000 works fine, but at 10000x10000 the LC dosn't show a calculation, the frame buffer stay black. Memory isn't the problem, the Rhino.exe use 2GB only.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: Max render size? - Push the limit.

Are you rendering to a vrimage or are you just rendering into RAM? Do you get an error message of any kind? Is it possible to regain control of Rhino or are you forced to shut it down?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

In this case I try to render a large image without vrimg output (the workflow is not so comfortable). Anything works like expected, but the image stay black. The progress window dosn't show errors. At 9000x9000 I get very fast a preview, at 10000x10000 the frame buffer stay black. I can stop the rendering and Rhino works fine.
      You could test it with a simple geometry in IM+LC mode. It looks like the LC process dosn't work well, because the IM pass after the black LC pass looks crazy.

Could be nice, if it would possible to render without the vrimg output. RAM isn't the problem for simple scenes.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I ran through a few test yesterday, and it didn't look good. I actually got the problem your describing even at 90002. I would say that at that high of a resolution, rendering out to a vrimg is a must. I'm not sure whats so detrimental about that for your workflow. I have it set up so that I just double click on the vrimg file and it gets converted...I don't think thats so hard ;D
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X