Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light material

Hi All
    I'm going to study a new lamp , since now I' v used the emissive material caracteristic,
    and I'v get the result, but in my new project I need to use the trasparency caracteristic,
    ( like the file attached ) and ... :-[ :-[ actually I'm 1000 Km. far from the right result :-[ :-[.
    I' v tried to use the candle, paper, whell example file and change the parameter, but
    no, niet. nain !!! result sigh.
    Do someone Know where i can find the tutorial or sample of this material ?
    Mny thanks to everyone that can help me.
    Flyaway

Re: light material

Its a V-Ray 2 sided material, which if you're doing thin transparency work is great. Its just two regular materials (you have to make them separate) that are loaded up within the vray 2sided material. Then you just play with the color to adjust the mix from the two materials. There's a section on the vray 2sided material in the training manual.

In the case of a lamp, and I believe that scene as well, you should have the light within the shade. You don't want to have the shade itself be emitting any light because thats not really the goal/role of the shade.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Many thank's Dalomar I try :P :P !!
      Flyaway

Comment

Dear dalomar I have attentively read to pag.37 the manual (useful besides) from you written on the 2bsided material, but unfortunately I don't able to applying your indications.
        How do I do to load two materials separate to the same material? must I load two diffused and to act on the transparency of both?
        I understand that they are stupid questions, but I don't succeed in getting the looked for effect.
        Thanks if you can answer me for your aviability and patience
        Flayaway

Comment

... right mouse button click at "scene materials" of the material editor and you find the 2 sided materials. At this materials you find buttons for linking to standard materials for front and back side usage.
          www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
            if I was ever forgotten to me, I become me account that I know really little V.ray.
            Then I also thank You for yours kind and punctual help to the little experts as me... and now I find a bridge and I throw myself of under... : : :( after having assigned the material and launched the rendering.)
            Many thanks again Dalomar and Micha
            Flayaway

Comment

Does the 2sided material work? I tested it here too, but get no result. Damien, is the 2sided material broken?
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

...Seems it's working but you need to put the "none" material on front face and the "real" material on back, but you can create this effect with a simple VrayMtl just uncheck Double-sided on shader options and flip the normals.

Comment

Excuse me if I still intervene in the discussion.
                  I have tried to insert a semitransparent opaque plastics to the I intern and of the external glass and I am making some tests.I would want to ask you if you know who has realized the image that I have attached and therefore realized the material to realize it, since being the perfect result we could ask to he has been realized.
                  Flyaway ;D

Comment

Hi flyaway,
                    you don't need glass, put an emitter inside your object and apply a Vray2Sided Mtl with no material in Front slot and your preferred material (diffuse+texture, plastic, metal etc...) in Back slot. (you can also play a little with transparency)

If you can flip the normals of that object you can use instead a simple VrayMaterial with Double-sided unchecked!

Comment

Hi Alto !
                      I try to follow your indications , because at this moment I havn't get a good result.
                      Many thanks to you , Dalomar and Micha for your help
                      Flyaway

Comment

flyaway,

are you working with the release version or the sr beta?...I ask because micha forwarded me a 2sided bug yesterday where the light from behind wasn't showing through, which might be the root of the issue.
                        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hi Dalomar
                          I'm working with the official release with Rhino 4 Sr2. no Beta .
                          Thanks for your interest, excuse if I refer you the question, but you know who has realized the image that I have attached, because at the end it perhaps needs to depart from them' to get the same result.
                          Applying the double material and your suggestions something I have improved, but all is still distant from the&#160; example, probably I have a little competence .
                          However thanks
                          Flyaway&#160;

Comment

Working...
                          X