Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low GI - Bad quality!

I have some problems with this:

When using very low environment GI like 0.1 (no phys cam or sky) for simalation of "night". I gets VERY bad quality of the general shadows in the rendering. I get the same effect as when printing a vector gradient in a bad printer, clear "areas and islands" of single colours where it should be nice shadows. (detail pic).

In this case I only use Vraydefault mtrl + arch glass.
    Se settings below, + sample pictures...The studio setup, with white background and envGI 1.0 works perfect. This project is going to be a visualisation with the whole yard, trees, cars, people and so on.

By the way, can someone explain "clamp output" and when to use it, and sub-pixel?

Best regards!

//I´t wasn´t possible to attach pictures... "error occured! upload folder is full, ples contact administrator..."

Re: Low GI - Bad quality!

Two things I always check:

1) QMC sampler : Noise threshold : 0.002 or 0.001 for best quality
    2) If you haven't already, I would add an area light. Even if its super dark, you'd still have some light source, like the moon or reflected light from elsewhere. You can make it low power or even tint it blue for some nice mood.
    Select the light, go the the Properties, and pull down "Object" to select "Light."
    Under Sampling--Subdivs, go from 8 to 20 or 30 . That should smooth things out.

Comment

Re: Low GI - Bad quality!

Originally posted by schultzeworks

1) QMC sampler : Noise threshold : 0.002 or 0.001 for best quality
      This was the settings one year befor, now use 0.02 (preview) or 0.01 (good) or 0.005 (best). Often I use 0.015 - fast and a little bit noisem, good for large images also.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
      X