off light spots....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off light spots....

i'm new to vray, but this is the first time i have had these light spots shown up. any ideas?

Re: off light spots....

That actually looks like Light Cache samples that haven't been smoothed enough, but I'm not too sure. Do you mind posting some of the settings that you're using.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

here they are.

tell me if you need anything else...

i really appreciate it.

Comment

It might be good to see the IM settings as well, but I don't think thats where the issue is.

As I suspected, its probably an issue with Light Cache. The specific setting that is probably getting in the way is the interpolation samples. Right now they are set to 5 which is way too low. I believe the default is 10, but 15 isn't bad either. The thing that compounds the issue is that you have a very low number of subdivisions for the LC solution; 200 is far to low. Practically about 500 is the low end of the usability spectrum for LC subdivisions. Any lower than that and you're likely to introduce more artifacts.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

here it is.

i'm gonna try a rendering right now to see what happens

Comment

its gotten better less white spots but still spotty.....

Comment

no ideas?...

Comment

so i messed around a bit more. and i tried it with out GI i unchecked both settings and the render turns out well. just a little grainy here and there and small white specks here and there.

so does anyone know whats up with my sun then?

Comment

so i figured out the problem. the spots were caused by a crazy high intensity from an emissive material. after turning it down everything turned out great but now i'm having problems with the picture looking grainy....

Comment

Working...
                  X