Is this product still being updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this product still being updated?

It's been years and we still have the same terrible interface. The results are good, but the ease of use is horrible. Are you guys ever going to update this product?

Re: Is this product still being updated?

V-Ray for Sketchup was recently rewritten to make it compatible with OSX and make the product easier to implement in other applications. ASGVis will be updating VfR next.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

We also plan on putting out a patch soon that will resolve a number of issues with our current release.
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Good news.

Glad to hear it! Nothing worse than 'orphaned software.' Show us some love!

Comment

Great !!! ;D ;D ;D

At least some movement on the Rhino's front !!

Comment

Yup, we will be planning some preproduction on V-Ray for Rhino in the next few weeks. We are also moving to a new office building at the end of the month. Once we are settled, and have things planned out, we will begin development of the new V-Ray for Rhino, using the newly rewritten plugin core. We should see something by the end of this year.
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

and here I was hoping for something a little bit sooner than that,By the end of the year means that Vfr will be something like 3-1/2 years old,that is quite a lot for a rendering software.

It also means waiting a long time for bugs fixes that are long overdue.I understand the logistics behind it all,but it does not change the facts for the users ,there is still a long wait for us.

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig
                .... by the end of this year.
                So loooooong for a final VfR release?
                www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Well I'm not going to give a blind estimate that's any shorter than a year if we haven't even done our preproduction or planning for the dev cycle... As far as bug fixes, updates, etc, the rewrite of our plugin should allow us to update the product much more frequently than in the past. I know it all sounds like fairy tales and magic talk, but I'm being quite serious. That's why we rewrote it!
                  Best regards,
                  Devin Kendig
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Before you start with the Rhino version, i would like to ask you if could be possible to optimize the plugin in terms of size, number of files, responsiveness?

I see here that the SU version use almost 100Mb of disk space...
                    i'm not a coder but the plugin is not fast, sometimes it freeze for seconds, maybe there are too many files all around?(python scripts, ruby scripts, several dll, some xml etc..)*
                    also i already have Python installed, do i really need another Python 2.6 folder? (64Mb only that..)

It would be nice if you could work more in this area since the actual VfR version is more better.

Thanks

* i know those are needed expecially in SU, but more files to be included in the plugin core mean slow responsiveness, right?

Comment

We're working on putting out a patch for VfS, and we are going to continue to fix bugs as we develop VfR.

i already have Python installed, do i really need another Python 2.6 folder?
                      Yes, you do.

more files to be included in the plugin core mean slow responsiveness, right?
                      No, it doesn't.

Best regards,
                      Devin Kendig
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by RVallieres
                        and here I was hoping for something a little bit sooner than that,By the end of the year means that Vfr will be something like 3-1/2 years old,that is quite a lot for a rendering software.
                        Devin is trying to be very careful about making promises on a release date - especially since we haven't discussed what the full scope of this development cycle is going to be. I understand you all are anxious for new features, and improvements - so are we.

I can assure you that we are working on Rhino as we speak ( I have been integrating our new core with Rhino for the past two weeks). VfR is in no way 'orphaned'.
                        Best regards,
                        Joe Bacigalupa
                        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I must bump this thread!

I have been a long time user of Vray, although this is my first post here.

Given all the new technology going on e.g. Bunkspeed Shot, Maxwell, Fryrender/Arion and Brazil for Rhino...all the RT renderer's Octane, Keyshot, Modo and last but not least Vray RT for max, and soon to become GPU accelerated. I have gotten the feeling I am using very old program, by using VfR. It is very clunky outdated UI.

a LOT of feature from that users of Vray for Max... we don't get, and there seem to be no improvement on the horizon. Can you guys just please tell the truth, and tell us what is happening, will VfR be better incorporated into Rhino, e.g. using all the RDK stuff in V5? Will we see Vray RT for Rhino? If so are we talking about years into the future?

I have been using VfR for 3 years now, and I am still doing the same workarounds as always, and everytime I look around me, I can see the BfR and Maxwell for Rhino getting updated all the time, to use the latest tools.

Please give us some update or some news, because frankly I am seriously starting to think about moving on, to an updated, fresh and vibrant program and community.

Thanks

Anna.

Comment

Tell the truth? Could you please point out where we hid or lied about anything? I'll be glad to correct whatever typo there is.
                            Best regards,
                            Devin Kendig
                            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Why do you need to be a smart ass?

You must get the notion of my concern? Why can't you just answer that without trying to divert the subject?

Comment

Working...
                              X