No announcement yet.

Is this product still being updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this product still being updated?

Well, here it is 2011. VRfR will have its 5th (?) birthday this year?
    New version, V2 should be out any time now!
    Really.
    The question posed at the top of the thread still stands: Is this product still being updated?
    By now there should at least be a plan.
    What is it?

Comment

It's currently being tested and prepared for an open beta. We don't want to open the flood gates to the hundreds of people that want to be beta testers just yet. It's in a closed beta for now. We've received lots of great feedback thus far, and we're busy working to fix some of the issues that have been found, and to fulfill some of the requests that have been made. We didn't feel the need to announce that there was a closed beta going on, since it really doesn't involve anyone but our 10 or so beta testers. We will be making announcements once there's something worth while to report.

http://software.asgvis.com/index.php...tml&Itemid=625
      So what's left?
      -Make a viewport representation for the IES Light
      -Fix light property pages so they show up properly in Rhino (in V-Ray for SketchUp the light settings are displayed in our light editor, so it's a little different in Rhino).
      -Redesign the UI for the lights so it fits in to the property page window properly (most of our light UI is 4 columns wide, the property pages only fit 2 columns).
      -Make sure the Physical Sun is hooked up
      -Make sure bongo works
      -Make sure DR is functioning
      -Go through a closed beta process for a little bit
      -Go through a public beta process for a bit longer
      -Release a new version!
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Happy New Year 20 11

Comment

-Make sure bongo works
          Does this mean that the new version works correct with LightCache in Fly-through mode?

Comment

haven't tested that yet. We just wanted to be sure that it was able to render at all. Quality and performance testing is something that we do during beta.
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

LightCache in Fly-through mode - this would be a big step forward, but in this case the light cache must "know" the camera way. The programmer should know, if they implement something special. Do they?
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Ok, i don't know how hard is to include this missing feature but it would be very nice to have it in the next version.
                Thanks

Comment

so guys how is it going

no pressure just keeping up morale

very excited. I

Comment

still testing in a closed beta group.
                    Best regards,
                    Devin Kendig
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I hope things a little bit ahead of schedule, to the end of this year, will mean a similar visual 3-1/2 years old, it is indeed a lot of rendering software...
                      Buy WoW Gold,Runescape Gold<br />Cheap WoW Gold,Buy Runescape Gold

Comment

To the folks - that say there are too little features - I argue there still may be too many

The big thing is the 64 bit/ memory capability. For me its worth its weight in gold.

but PLEASE, PLEASE spend some time on DRSpawner.

....having a DRSpawner 'status' program that pings each node and provides an update would be cool.

At the moment nodes sometimes don't boot up - and there is a little indication why.

Also some way of showing what is happening when a machine isn't picking up the data in time and getting bounced out - maybe a progress bar, etc.

Also I have spotted texture map paths can cause this - expecially with data brought in from elsewhere.

Any chance that if a map isn't found it gets 'auto corrected' to a mid gray map - or a setting we can force the maps to a default if needed?

Lastly, might the light cache for a fly through be rendered as a seperate process - and sent out to DRSpawner - I have noticed the host machine can sometimes support two DR Spawners - maybe one calculates this for next frame - before the main render process starts across the nodes?

Anyway a word of encouragement - you will get there.

Comment

Originally posted by pickinboy
                          ....having a DRSpawner 'status' program that pings each node and provides an update would be cool.

At the moment nodes sometimes don't boot up - and there is a little indication why.

Also some way of showing what is happening when a machine isn't picking up the data in time and getting bounced out - maybe a progress bar, etc.

Also I have spotted texture map paths can cause this - expecially with data brought in from elsewhere.

Any chance that if a map isn't found it gets 'auto corrected' to a mid gray map - or a setting we can force the maps to a default if needed?

Lastly, might the light cache for a fly through be rendered as a seperate process - and sent out to DRSpawner - I have noticed the host machine can sometimes support two DR Spawners - maybe one calculates this for next frame - before the main render process starts across the nodes?
                          Anyway a word of encouragement - you will get there.
                          I go this way and so I can see what happens on each spawner:

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic=4030.0

www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Micha,

That seems too in depth DOS for me - and if I start messing with the machine I rarely keep track of what I did...

We are using the PC over IP remote thing from Boxx Technologies - can see everything, boot startup, etc over IP - so we can see and restart DR Spawner. I have noticed restarting at the end of a image render is the best time. You can even see each nodes temp, fan speed, etc. ... run this with remote login to a machine - so can check from home.

Its just other render server software (ie Max's back burner - or whatever its now called) has some abilities to peer into he rendering situation - just being able to slow down data 'pickup' by the nodes - would appear to help - give us a variable we can set for timing out....

Comment

Hi all,
                              how things are going with the Beta?

Since there is only Chaosgroup now, and the plugins for Max and Maya are tightly integrated in the main application, what is the status of RDK integration?

I'm sorry but with Rhino 5 i can't use standard rhino material with Vray as a renderer and i need them very often (the Rhino Material Editor does not even show with vray)

Any chance to see something like this in the future? (about MatEd, Env, and Camera)
                              http://www.vimeo.com/20562197

Comment

Beta is going fine. RDK is supported a little, but not entirely. We aren't doing anything too crazy with this next release guys... I've explained that many many times. We rewrote our plugin so it can be developed faster and bugs can be fixed easier. The goal is to have this next version behave the same way our last version did. The only difference will be some added features, and some slight UI changes.
                                Best regards,
                                Devin Kendig
                                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                                X