Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray license in use immediately upon Rhino start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray license in use immediately upon Rhino start?

We have a couple network licenses and several Rhino users. They are getting messages that V-Ray cannot acquire a license when they open a file and our licenses are in use. Aside from the message this also means that they cannot perform material or setting changes.

Was this always the case with V-Ray? I don't seem to remember this being an issue with older versions of V-Ray.

The V-Ray GUI license is in use if V-Ray For Rhino is the current render plugin in Rhino. If you change the current Render plugin to "Rhino Render", then the Rhino GUI license should be released.
    Best regards,
    Matt Newberg
    Software Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by mnewberg View Post
      The V-Ray GUI license is in use if V-Ray For Rhino is the current render plugin in Rhino. If you change the current Render plugin to "Rhino Render", then the Rhino GUI license should be released.
      Thanks for the reply.

If I change the render plugin will the file still retain the V-Ray scene info?

I think the bigger issues will be to get each user to disable V-Ray on their machine or having to track down the user who has Rhino open but is not using V-Ray and yet is still occupying a seat. We upgraded just this week and are already running into workflow issues where I'm having to repeatedly send out emails asking users to disable V-Ray.

A system where the license is checked out upon starting a rendering seems to make the most sense from a user standpoint rather than this passive checkout...

Comment

Working...
      X