Wish: 3D procedural noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: 3D procedural noise

Maybe I have overseen it - I'm looking for a 3D noise texture which doesn't need proper UV coordinates - for example at this implantat. Could be a great helper to see it at V-Ray.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Micha Just use a vray noise texture and set texture coordinates to 3d world xyz
    Last edited by Grigio18; 09-09-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Great, I have completely overseen this option. At the help pages there can be found no word about it. Do you know - doe's the 3D object space work too, so that objects can be animated and the 3D coordinates follow the object?

georgi.georgiev Could be nice if the 3D texture placement could be added to the help pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
        Great, I have completely overseen this option. At the help pages there can be found no word about it. Do you know - doe's the 3D object space work too, so that objects can be animated and the 3D coordinates follow the object?

georgi.georgiev Could be nice if the 3D texture placement could be added to the help pages.
        Sure, use local xyz instead of world and it should work fine.

Comment

georgi.georgiev konstantin_chaos

I tested a local object space and moved the object a little bit -> the mapping doesn't stay constant. Please allow to use a local 3D space.

Comment

Working...
          X