RDK (formerly RCM) Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDK (formerly RCM) Wishlist

Over the months I've noticed a lot of suggestions for how RDK (RCM) could better serve you. Please use this thread for such ideas.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

RCM Wishlist

maybe the RCM tool could add an option that the mapping size is dependant on the material. The a map size should be available in the bitmap loader of Vray for Rhino. This will help to use materials that will always work correctly.

It's a bit like the 3dsmax real world scale mapping option.
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

RCM Wishlist

Unwrapping feature!?!

Comment

RCM Wishlist

Frontal projection!
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Re: RCM Wishlist

... that it is possible to jump to next parameter per tab keyboard button like at many Windows applications.

... a much more compacter design.

Comment

Re: RCM Wishlist

* Support of the visibilty of one of the multi channel mapping. The RCM could allow to use an option like "show in viewport" per Vray map.

* An option is missing, that allow to set different mapping channels active for the viewport. Example: if I set two channels, rhino show me the last edited channel at the viewport, but it would be good, if the user could set a flag, which channel is active for the viewport.

Comment

Re: RDK (formerly RCM) Wishlist

I have to agree with ALTO, an unwrapping feature would be incredibly helpful. . .

I hope the mapping we have in Rhino 4 will be all fixed for Rhino 5!?
              Stuart Williamson | Industrial Designer

Comment

rhino skylight support

not sure if this is the right place, this is part of a little chat i have in the rhino NG:

>The skylight option disappears when the current render engine doesn't support it. Vray doesn't support the skylight.
                >
                >-- Andrew le Bihan Robert McNeel and Associates

>> Hello, >> >> since I got no response inthe v5 forum I try my luck here >> >> I just discovered to my amazement that with the rhino render engine wenow >> have real time AO in the viewport to our disposition (please see >> attached >> pic.). While this is of course pretty cool I do have 2 questions /wishes: >> >> 1. Since I use v-ray as my render engine, is there any way to turn onAO >> without switching to the native rhino render engine? >> >> 2.It would be great if we could be able to fine tune the AO settings >> (radius, >> opacity, gradient, samples ...) is this possible? >> >> thank you for any feedback >> >> Andreas Walther

can vray "support" the skylight for the display engine?

best regards

Andy

www.v-cube.de

Comment

Also the environment options of Rhino should be available for viewport use first. Best the Vray background map is linked to the Rhino env map.

Comment

"posted first time in wrong spot"

It is that time of year, the time to make a Christmas Wish list, so here goes. But first thanks for the 2 updates this year.

• Motion Blur that works with Bongo. Really want to be able to create realistic animations at any speed and with items close to the camera. It needs to be brisk and not have to render out several frames to make one frame the way some do.

• Fog and Volumetrics. Want to up my Architectural work and need these guys to do that.

• Be able to see all VRay materials in a Grid.

• Be able to change material icons shapes. Helps to organize them.

• Incorporate VfR Simple into the toolset. Really does a nice job of speeding up the set up.

• Be able to see what Version of VRay I am using. Maybe I am missing something but I can't easily tell.

Cheers!
                    Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
                    Intuitionusa.com
                    3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Comment

Originally posted by SHoutzager View Post

• Incorporate VfR Simple into the toolset. Really does a nice job of speeding up the set up.

nice to hear
                      Last edited by fooprobe; 12-12-2014, 12:16 AM.
                      emil mertzel
                      vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Working...
                      X