X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"vray flamingo transport" for next release plz

Originally posted by joeb
    Originally posted by han3d
    and if you can lock the materials for others cannot change it or copy it would be even nicer
    So you want some means of having read-only materials? Thats interesting...so would that be like an export option for when you save out the vismat file?
    also a vray 3ds max vray material to rhino vray material converter woulo be cool
    We've started on that converter - its on hold at the moment but we should be putting more time into it after the holidays.
    dear joeb yes
    there are individual gfx artists out there
    you do spend really much time on making a material
    it is not easy
    sometimes hours
    and if you can lock it so that nooneelse see your settings or change them
    it might be cool for gfx artists
    so they can sell their materials more easily and confidently
    there might be an export option
    i said this idea to a good coder who works for another renderer company
    but it seems they didnt care
    you might care
    it is interesting that they might not care when i say something
    but they have to care if you do it

Comment

yeah the idea of having locked down materials is an intersting idea. I can see how it could be useful to disallow changes. I'm not sure totally how we'd handle it, but I'm sure its possible.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

that would be pretty nice. a way to block the interface settings would be a good way to help keep some of our materials somewhat protected. We have already begun to see knock off plugins that I am positive share some if not all of my material libraries either renamed or slight variations to the RGB values made to them. This is an interesting idea, but still doesnt seem to promote a way to protect the material from anything other than resale.

Comment

Yeah - I don't think there is anyway to protect a material in terms of someone ripping the material off, but keeping someone on your team not accidentally messing something up would probably be possible.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I suppose an easy solution would be to make a materials or material libraries settings password protected then i suppose you could name your material "TRAVS MATERIALS" or what ever which should reduce whos going to redistribute it . That's the easiest solution I can think of.

Comment

Working...
            X