Render log file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render log file

Is it possible to add an option where I can export a log file with each render? This text file would inlcude the material and render settings for the file. Usually I render about 20-30 images before I reach my final settings. Quite often I then test a few options before going back to some previous settings. However, a lot of the time I can't work out what those settings were. Especially if I have been working on the renders over a couple of days. Another option might be to have some sort of saved log within the app that I could go back to?

Thanks,
    Gavin

Render log file

hmm - that is an interesting idea. Kind of like a "System restore point" for a file. I would think that the "restore point" would probably be more of what you'd want since a log file generally means its just a text display of the current scene - meaning if you wanted to re-implement the scene based on this log file it would probably mean a lot of tedious work for you. I really like the idea of a file restore point
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Render log file

I think I have either heard or mentioned the idea of having all of the render settings to be saved within the advanced properties of the image file. Similar to how camera settings are saved when taking photos. I don't think that it would be that hard to impliment, simply adding some info when the file gets written.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Render log file

Hi Damien, I think I met you at your London demo. I was the tall ball guy asking all the questions. I decided to buy Vray and Rhino after the conference. I look forward to all the updates.

Comment

Render log file

Yea I remember you. I'm glad you decide to go with Vray and Rhino. I guess this makes my trip well worth it
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X