could the backgroud photo display in time in the scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could the backgroud photo display in time in the scene

Hi every guys ! i wish the backgroud photo of the enviroment could display in time in the render scene,just likethe Cinema 4D,then i should not time after time ajust the backgroud photo for the scene,i have make a GIF animation wiht Cinema 4D
    http://bbs.icax.cn/attach/2006/12/21...axdpXKO4Rn.gif

I don't know if thats possible with Rhino - but we can look into it. My main reservation is that Rhino doesn't support hdr images, but I suppose we could look into it. I agree it is an issue having to render to see how the environment looks.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I can understand that you may have a hard time (if not impossible) to apply a background object inside any editor like Rhino or Sketchup.

Cant you just make something as a quick render - that doesn't really render anything just taking the 3D objects and stick them to the background - meaning just rendering the environment background view then do a "printscreen" with alpha and just stick the 3D objects on top. Then making a button for it called "Quickview Environment"

Added idea: With this feature... you can also choose if you would like to see shadows - no reflections, no light bounces but the hard shadows hitting from the sun perhaps - or options on how simple it should render.

Of course my ideas mentioned here is probably possible to set up as a setting but then you actually have to go in and change all textues to make a quick settup check of background - and maybe sun shadows.
      Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

:P hi fluke73 ,i donot mean that rhino should have a function like really render or quick render ,i wish the photo of the environment could display in the view in time if i give one bitmap to the environment, just like i edit one object's material ,the photos will be display in time in the view while i give one bitmap as texture to it,i have make another Gif animation
        http://bbs.icax.cn/attach/2006/12/22...J2Zzo08Koc.gif

Comment

Yes i understand perfectly what you meant from the beginning, and i think joeb does too. It's like when you try those HDRI preview softwares - i think HDRIshop for instance where you see the surrounding and can rotate object in realtime. But still since Vray is a plugin... it really can't get integrated with in the editor environment unless the software rhino or sketchup supports this kind of modification. That's why i came up with an alternative solution - sure this will make it so that you can't really rotate your scene in realtime with the environment arround it.

Maybe this will be possible in the future - but now i think my solution is quicker to implement - and i the ASGvis team is probably focusing on getting things that has been implemented already to work first before adding a feature like this.

I may add this: That all i do is making guesses when i speak about how things work. But i think i have a good ideaof what works and not work - but still again i may be wrong.
          Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Originally posted by fluke73
            Yes i understand perfectly what you meant from the beginning, and i think joeb does too. It's like when you try those HDRI preview softwares - i think HDRIshop for instance where you see the surrounding and can rotate object in realtime. But still since Vray is a plugin... it really can't get integrated with in the editor environment unless the software rhino or sketchup supports this kind of modification. That's why i came up with an alternative solution - sure this will make it so that you can't really rotate your scene in realtime with the environment arround it.

Maybe this will be possible in the future - but now i think my solution is quicker to implement - and i the ASGvis team is probably focusing on getting things that has been implemented already to work first before adding a feature like this.

I may add this: That all i do is making guesses when i speak about how things work. But i think i have a good ideaof what works and not work - but still again i may be wrong.
            WOW thank you again

Comment

A simple ASGvis solution could be a button at the environment options "show environment". This button makes, that a big sphere around the scene is created, the HDRI is converted to a JPG (maybe a free command line tool can be find for it) and the jpg is visible at the sphere e rendered viewport.
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

That would work as well maybe... how will the sunlight be affected?

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
                  A simple ASGvis solution could be a button at the environment options "show environment". This button makes, that a big sphere around the scene is created, the HDRI is converted to a JPG (maybe a free command line tool can be find for it) and the jpg is visible at the sphere e rendered viewport.
                  This could be possible, thats an interesting idea - again we would be limited to probably projecting an LDR image onto that sphere (since I'm pretty sure neither Rhino nor SketchUp support HDR images ), but I guess thats a move toward the right direction.
                  Originally posted by fluke73
                  That would work as well maybe... how will the sunlight be affected?
                  Internally the sky is a texture generated based on the Sun- so I suppose it would work out ok, but I couldn't be sure until I tried
                  Best regards,
                  Joe Bacigalupa
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Sun light ... the rendered viewport dosn't show shadows. If a locked directional light could be placed as sun for viewing at the rendered viewport only, than we could see the lighting of the sun at the objects.

Projection ... if I remember me right from my tests, than a spherical texture can be assign to a sphere and looks right, no projection needed. This would limit the visible env for spherical images, but I suppose, the most env are spherical.
                    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                    X