DOF Aperature linked to Physical Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF Aperature linked to Physical Camera

It would be nice if the aperture value for DOF could be linked to the aperture value of the physical camera. That would make it more realistic and easier to set up DOF. I know its been requested to have the aperture value in the DOF settings expressed in F-Stop units (which I still think would be good), but having the dof and the physcam linked would just be that much easier.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Re: DOF Aperature linked to Physical Camera

Never mind...DOF is not possible when using the physical camera...something to keep in mind for latter

EDIT: this is wrong DOF is possible

Comment

Damien,

From what I read on spot3d,DOF is linked with the physical camera in max and it also work with the f-stop,that is something that also should be available in vfrh,I hope so.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...era_params.htm

Renee

Comment

I should really read Spot3d much more carefully. In max DOF has to be enabled through the physical camera itself and the DOF parameters in the options rollout are ignored (that would explain why my max tests weren't working as expected). However in vfr we currently don't have the option to enable the DOF through the phys cam, only for the standard camera. So I am changing my wish to having an the DOF option added to the parameters of the physical camera (why not add motion blur too).

Comment

why not !

Comment

Its a must

Comment

Damien, do you mean, it's inpossible to get a DOF effect together with the physical cam? If it is possible, could you help me please?
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

so far it is impossible in beta 1 at least,that is what Damien and I are asking for,making it possible as it is for max.

Renee

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                  I should really read Spot3d much more carefully. In max DOF has to be enabled through the physical camera itself and the DOF parameters in the options rollout are ignored (that would explain why my max tests weren't working as expected). However in vfr we currently don't have the option to enable the DOF through the phys cam, only for the standard camera. So I am changing my wish to having an the DOF option added to the parameters of the physical camera (why not add motion blur too).
                  I felt it was unnecessary to enable DOF in more than one place. If you enable dof its enabled, regardless of physical camera or standard. I'll figure out a way to link the two apertures to make it easier.
                  Best regards,
                  Joe Bacigalupa
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I felt it was unnecessary to enable DOF in more than one place. If you enable dof its enabled, regardless of physical camera or standard. ...
                    Only I want to be sure it's on the bug list: Joe, you have seen, that DOF dosn't work, if the physical cam is enabled?
                    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
                      Only I want to be sure it's on the bug list: Joe, you have seen, that DOF dosn't work, if the physical cam is enabled?
                      I'll look into it
                      Best regards,
                      Joe Bacigalupa
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                      X