Fly-through mode for Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fly-through mode for Animations

In order to support both Motion Blur and LC Flythrough, V-Ray needs to know where the camera and the objects are throughout the length of the animation. 2 curves will be enough, but its a matter of generating the information of the whole animation from them.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

But for the LC we don't need any time info and also it dosn't matter, where is the camera at which time. For Bongo support, all curves must be read for the LC cache, but for Rhino animation tool, only two curves must be loaded. Each curve goes from 0 to 1 (direction coordinate). So, it's seems to be the problem to convert the two curves to Vray, right? I thought, it's a problem to read multiple curves from Bongo. For Motion blur must read much more, speeds and directions are needed.
      Maybe Vlado could help per SDK for a simple two-curve-support of the LC cache.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I don't have any further comment on this, Micha. You've requested this feature, so we will add it. Don't worry about how it has to happen, just let us figure it out. When its ready you can test it, tell us what is/isn't working.

Sorry to be so blunt, and no disrespect, but it seams like this discussion is going around in circles and isn't giving any information we don't already know. Until we have something specifically to look at, then I don't see the point in going back and forth on things. Again, sorry, but thats how I feel about this right now.

Comment

Sorry for be a pain in the neck. It's no so easy for me to see the Vray core feature list ...

Comment

You're not a pain in the neck. You're just trying to make suggestions that will make V-Ray a better program, and I always encourage those suggestions. In this case, and in a few others recently, we can have a discussion until we're blue in the face, but until we can see the features and test them, there's only so much that can be talked about. So till testing day comes... ;D

Comment

;D

Comment

I like smiles from Micha

Comment

Working...
                X