Wishlist - migrating from 3dsMax to Rhino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishlist - migrating from 3dsMax to Rhino

I'm looking at migrating my rendering over to Rhino from 3dsMax and have the following wishlist of features. I think some of these have been covered by other requests, but it's always good to re-iterate!

1) The frame buffer colour correction curve doesn't save with the Rhino file. It does in the max version and I find this a great time saver.

2) It would be nice to be able to composite multiple maps with control over the blend modes - like the composite matl in max.

3) Colour correction for maps - hue, saturation, greyscale and a colour correction curve (like we have in the VFB).

4) Fog - with near and far falloff and an option to 'not affect background'. Also would be good to be able to select a texture for this (ie vray sky).

5) Copy and paste maps in the material editor...pleeeeaaaassssseeee!!!!! Not having this is a killer!!

6) Lock the rendering to a specified viewport.

7) A way to retrieve the vray progress window (with the cancel rendering button on it) if it's closed (stupidly) halfway through a render. Maybe this exists already?

8 ) More noise textures (like in MasterBercon's noise maps for 3dsMax).

Thanks in advance!

Rob.
    Last edited by mcvltd; 24-05-2013, 10:01 AM.
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Oh, and another one..

- a small image preview when selecting bitmaps.

Regards,

Rob.

Comment

That one is easy to solve,just change the way windows display your files.

As for all the others we can only wish,there is still a lot of things missing from the max version.I don't know if vrayfor Rhino will ever be on the same level.I doubt it.

Comment

Thanks Renee81, good point, I'll try the thumbnail preview.

Regards,

Rob.

Comment

Working...
        X