Normal Map rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Map rendering

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes: when I apply a normal map to a material, reflections on the material come out like this. I am trying to implement PBR workflow in Sketchup Next, but I'm stumped on this one.

I have already tried all the combinations for the normal map bump texture, and I am rendering production.

I'm also attaching the textures I'm using, and I really look forward to any insight on the matter
    Attached Files

Have you tried setting the color space for your normal map as linear (see attachment)? You also need to set your material map to normal map in the bump/ normal mapping tab of your material. To find the color space option, just click in your normal mapping slot with your normal map loaded and change from screen to linear. Another thing, if want to use your roughness map in the glossiness slot you have to invert it. Let me know if it worked. If not, you can export your material as a vrmat and upload it here, so we can check your material settings.
    PS: I've uploaded a scene made with v-ray next for SU and SU 2018, with a quick test with your textures, just unpack the scene in a folder, open SU with v-ray next for SU and hit interactive render to see the result of the attahcment. You can also check the material settings. The render settings are default.

Best regards,

Caetano
    Attached Files
    Last edited by caecarvalho; 22-05-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Hi there, and sorry for the (very) late response. Thank you! Setting the map color space to rendering solved the issue. It would be nice if Vray did that by default with normal maps..

Comment

Working...
      X