HDRI Background doesn’t show up on render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI Background doesn’t show up on render

It is the second time I have this issue. I apply on background the HDRI file for background, set it up for an amount from 30 - 50 as always did but when try to render the scene the background is white. Can someone please help?

Hi Iliada,

You should check the following:
    - Decrease the exposure in the V-Ray Frame Buffer to make sure that the image is not just overbright
    Click image for larger version  Name:	vfb1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	1070626

- Make sure that the HDR Bitmap texture placement is set to Environment Spherical
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_57055.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	1070629

- If you're using a Dome light make sure that the light shape is set to Sphere
    Click image for larger version  Name:	shapeSphere1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	1070631

If this doesn't help, please share a simple scene example.
    This way I'll be able to easily find the cause.

Konstantin
    Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 12-05-2020, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem, I have done the steps above still not a change. Not sure whether it matters that I am still using the trial version of SketchUp? I'll add a screenshot

Comment

Hi mariya_ivanova​,

The trial version is not limited in any way.
        Can you zip and share your test scene for further investigation?
        You can also use the Pack Project feature from the V-Ray menu.

Konstantin

Comment

HI konstantin_chaos

Here's the .zip file.

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos

Sorry it hasn't attached, you can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7dnpy...mxvcaxktn&dl=0

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the project.
              The answer is really simple actually - spherical environments are not visible in Parallel Projection camera mode.
              Changing the camera to perspective shows that your setup is correct:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	735
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1191849

If you want to see textured background in parallel view your only texture placement option is Screen:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	721
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1191850

And to be honest I wouldn't recommend that since you'll have to separate the texture visible in the background and the one used for lighting.
              Screen projected textures produce incorrect lighting...

Hope that makes sense,
              Konstantin

Comment

Working...
              X