Render Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Questions

Hello everyone, I am new to Vray and this is one of my test scene. I use another rendering application and re-render a region always matched the original render.
    Also some issues with this render see attached image.
    Any help or advice to improve appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi pinoy,

I'll do my best to answer your questions based on the image.

1. There are two possible reasons for the blur in the pendant - refraction glossiness or denoising.
    The V-Ray Denoiser has hard time preserving details viewed through transparent materials.
    In order to resolve that you'll have to decrease the denoiser strength and instead use higher quality render preset.

2. The brighter region surrounding the chair might be caused by a scene change that you've forgot about.
    It might also be an inaccuracy in the global illumination.
    The light cache GI solution in V-Ray is screen / resolution dependent and could cause differences depending on the region size or position.

3. If you want to preserve the scene lighting but still decrease the background intensity you can apply the following steps (assuming you're using a Dome light)
    - Make sure that the Dome light has its Invisible option enabled. This will ensure that the dome is not visible while still illuminating the set and being visible in reflections
    - Copy and paste the Dome texture in the Settings/Environment/Background slot
    - Change the Background multiplier as you see fit
    *Note: The Dome Shape has to be set to Sphere. If not then the Dome only covers half of the set. The bottom half is still using the background map.
    If you have followed the previous steps, then I'd guess the sphere shape will resolve your issue.

Hope that helps,
    Konstantin
    Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 14-07-2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks Konstantin this helps a lot.
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X