This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Texture helper ate my Sketchup texture image

Vray texture helpers have replaced my actual textures - re-writing the links to the original bitmaps.
    This makes it difficult for me to adjust textures unless I live raytrace at the same time.
    Anyone know why this might happen?

Attached Files
    Last edited by aiden_humphrey; 02-03-2021, 07:46 PM.
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 03-08-2023, 07:03 AM.

Hello everyone,

I would like to share that improvements regarding the Texture Helper (that was overriding Diffuse Color) have been implemented in the V-Ray 6 for SketchUp, update 1.1. Update can be downloaded here.

The solution is to keep both - Diffuse Color and Texture Helper when Binding is set to Auto Texture Mode. Please see the example.

In case you would like to see only color in the viewport change Binding to Custom > Texture > Color as was described in this post.​

Comment

I have the same problem. Even with materials that have no textures at all e.g. simple glass or simple metal materials. Sometimes v-ray decides to use texture helper instead of just using color of material.

Comment

Same problem here.
        Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
        Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
        3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
        Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
        GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for sharing this. Would it be possible to describe some steps to reproduce the issue, so we can see if we get the same result on our side?

For now I've noticed that adding an attribute (i.e. Bump, Contour) to a textured material will cause such behavior. It is reported under SK-3374 for our devs to have a look, but any further details would be of great help, thanks!
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi there,

have the same issue. It happens sometimes also when you "archive and repath" textures that are stored in the cache (marked in yellow in the "file path editor")... the walk around is to copy-paste the diffuse texture in "binding > texture mode > custom mode > texture"... but it's not very convenient if you have to replace many materials... would love a fix as well!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. Adding "Attribute" > Bump > Bump texture channel > Edges causes this issue appears every time in my case. It is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ingarch_ladislav View Post
                Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. Adding "Attribute" > Bump > Bump texture channel > Edges causes this issue appears every time in my case. It is horrible.
                I got the same problem yesterday..

Comment

Hi guys, this has been addressed and should be soon fixed. Thanks for pointing it out! As mentioned, it is logged into our internal bug-tracking system under SK-3374 - we'll keep you posted.

Comment

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that this issue has been resolved and the fix is in the latest update in V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, update 1.1 - available for download here. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear! I`m going to test it.

Comment

Hallo

the problem is back in my case!

If I do any change in material in V-Ray Asset Editor, than Sketchup material is replaced with V-Ray texture helper. I have Sketchup version 23.0.367, V-Ray version 6.00.02, running on Win 11

Comment

Hello ingarch_ladislav,
                          Thank you for specifying your versions.

I tried to reproduce the issue with both V-Ray 6.00.02 and 6.00.03 with no luck so far. Neither adding attributes nor adding bitmaps into slots (ie Bump slot) or applying any other parameters change preview to Texture Helper in my case (Binding Texture Mode is set to Auto).

If there is something specific that you are changing? If possible please share a recording.
                          And also please test in the new scene with some new material if it happens for you every time.
                          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello

I just changed the color in the diffuse slot, there was no map, just plain color. It happens repetitively, but the funny thing is, that I can not reproduce this situation now. I`ll try to record if it happens next time.

Comment

Hello again

So finally I catch it

I was adding a Local space bump in the Bump slot. I wanted to upload the recording here, but I got this message. What should I do now?​
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi ingarch_ladislav,
                                Please try to make an archive with the video, so that it is a .zip for example. Thanks!
                                Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                                X