Today's Cosmos Update issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Cosmos Update issue

After updating to the latest version of Cosmos today, I'm getting an error when attempting to merge Cosmos 3D models. Then, the material list disappears from the asset editor. I have to quit Sketchup and then I have to start the Vray license again. When that doesn't work, I have to reboot the computer. Then everything works again... until I have to merge another Cosmos 3D model. I've done this now probably 30 times in 4 hours. I'm attaching the screen shots of the error.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Does this happen with a specific Cosmos asset or with a specific SketchUp project?
    Can you please try to update Cosmos again if there is a new update available?

Comment

Hi/ I've tested it again and it appears that it's not happening any longer. It had occured with models labeled "new" on the day Cosmos was updated to a newer version. I'll keep you posted should it happen again.

A bigger major problem: When using the Sun-"Custom Orientation" Sketchup will stop responding to real-time updates of the sun's position and I'm forced to restart the application. If I manually change the Horizontal or Vertical Angle it's less likely to occur. Once I reopen SU, many times I have to then check that the Vray license is activated as more often than not, it becomes inactivated. I tried resetting the render settings but to no avail. This issue also happens when using Vision. Vision stops responding and I have to force quit SU.
      Also, when Sketchup reopens after force quitting, I face getting an alert that there is no Sketchup license available. When I reboot the computer everything works again.

As always, thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi dreamspace,

Hi/ I've tested it again and it appears that it's not happening any longer. It had occured with models labeled "new" on the day Cosmos was updated to a newer version. I'll keep you posted should it happen again.
        The issue might have been a one time thing.
        In case it's not and if it starts happening again please do let us know.

A bigger major problem: When using the Sun-"Custom Orientation" Sketchup will stop responding to real-time updates of the sun's position and I'm forced to restart the application. If I manually change the Horizontal or Vertical Angle it's less likely to occur.
        I have noticed that too many updates are performed when the custom orientation slider is pushed.
        Maybe that's what caused the hang in your case.
        I'll log this in our bug-tracking system and we will investigate on our side.

Once I reopen SU, many times I have to then check that the Vray license is activated as more often than not, it becomes inactivated. I tried resetting the render settings but to no avail. This issue also happens when using Vision. Vision stops responding and I have to force quit SU.
        Also, when Sketchup reopens after force quitting, I face getting an alert that there is no Sketchup license available. When I reboot the computer everything works again.
        This is a very strange issue that I've never heard of before.
        It seems that your license server service is not working properly.
        I'd recommend reinstalling V-Ray together with the license server and see if that helps.
        * Note that to make sure the license server is reinstalled you have to choose the Advanced route in the install wizard.

Regards,
        Konstantin

Comment

Working...
        X