V-Ray not rendering Enscape custom assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray not rendering Enscape custom assets

I'm not sure if it's a bug, just not supported or something else but while V-Ray renders some Enscape assets from it's library it seems not to render custom assets I put in Enscapes library as well as external linked skp models which are placed in the scene using Enscape.

I'm not sure if there is a way to work around it or already an update in the making supporting both. I especially converted some models I needed to Enscape assets since I supposed Enscape > V-Ray should work pretty well.

Keep up the good work!
    V-Ray 6 Beta | Intel i9 9900K | 64GB | 1x 512GB EVO 970 Pro SSD | 1x 1TB Kingston SSD | 2x 6TB SATA | 1x 4TB SATA | 1x RTX 3090 24GB

Hi OzBoz ,

V-Ray renders some Enscape assets from it's library it seems not to render custom assets I put in Enscapes library as well as external linked skp models which are placed in the scene using Enscape
    Custom Enscape assets should work without any limitations.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	customAssetsInEnscape_001.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	435.3 KB
ID:	1167104
    If you can show a situation in which this is not the case please do and we'll do our best to resolve it.

Linked .skp models however are still not supported.
    We will look into ways to bring them to V-Ray with one of the upcoming releases.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
      Custom Enscape assets should work without any limitations.
      Good morning Konstantin!

I can always provide you with a sample seen but I noticed this answer from you on a different thread

So I searched for the log file and I think it's actually the same issue as Ted encountered especially if you look at the down right log file part of my screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-07 105948.png
Views:	628
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1167260

The location of my custom assets is E:\Documents\Enscape\custom assets\ where E:\Documents\​ is actually the 'My Documents' folder but I don't like it on C for backup reasons.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-07 111150.png
Views:	608
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1167261

That custom asset directory you only set once, the first time when you create a custom asset in Enscape and the value is stored in CustomAssetEditorSettings.json located here C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Enscape.
      Code:
      {"ProjectDirectory":"E:\\Documents\\Enscape\\custom assets","OutputDirectory":"E:\\Documents\\Enscape\\custom assets"}
      Maybe V-Ray can just check for that specific OutputDirectory value in the Enscape file and a lot of it is solved (or I might think to straight forward )

I'm just testing/playing a bit and let me know if you still can use some example but I think it's just a path-thing after digging some more.

Kind regards,

Oscar
      Attached Files
      V-Ray 6 Beta | Intel i9 9900K | 64GB | 1x 512GB EVO 970 Pro SSD | 1x 1TB Kingston SSD | 2x 6TB SATA | 1x 4TB SATA | 1x RTX 3090 24GB

Comment

Hi OzBoz​,

Maybe V-Ray can just check for that specific OutputDirectory value in the Enscape file and a lot of it is solved (or I might think to straight forward )​
        We are doing that and that is what bothers me.

We were able to reproduce the missing custom assets scenario only once here in the office and it was with a beta version of Enscape.
        After the colleague switched to the official Enscape version all was solved.
        We are continuing to investigate...

Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
          We are doing that and that is what bothers me.
          Well that's annoying. I tried some things to trick it a bit by not having the model/json in a separate folder and even creating zip + json and putting it at the place for the normal assets. Also copied some over to the maybe default C:/user/username/documents folder but all without luck.

If there's something I can try to help you guys a bit let me know!

Oscar

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos,

Is there any news on this matter? It's not that hard for me to create also proxies especially for V-Ray but it is far from efficient.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Comment

Hello OzBoz ,

I would like to let you know that Enscape proxies (Linked external SketchUp models) will be supported in the next V-Ray for SketchUp update.

Kind regards,
              Iva
              Iva Mancheva
              V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
                Hello OzBoz ,I would like to let you know that Enscape proxies (Linked external SketchUp models) will be supported in the next V-Ray for SketchUp update.
                That's awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Comment

Working...
                X