This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Infinite Plane asset is not editable

I've previously used V-Ray's Inifinite Plane to good effect, but now when I try to add one i get the message "The Infinite Plane asset is not editable" - Why is this please? I'm running SU Pro2021 on M1 Mac Mini
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 10-03-2023, 09:00 AM.

Hello christian_antonelli,

When the Infinite plane asset is selected in Asset Editor - in the right panel there is only the message "The asset is not editable: Infinite Plane", because the V-Ray Infinite plane has no properties. Do you have any issues when rendering it?

Kind regards,
    Iva

Comment

Could you please share some more information in order to investigate this issue:
      • Please share a screenshot of the About V-Ray window to determine your V-Ray version.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	V-Ray_About_SU_MacOS.jpg Views:	9 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	1175209
      • Can you specify the steps that you perform before getting this error message, so we could try to reproduce it on our side.
      • It would be most helpful if you could try placing an Infinite Plane in a new empty scene and check if it renders correctly. If it still does not work send us a short video recording to understand the process.

Alternatively, please open a ticket so we could arrange a TeamViewer session so you would be able to show it directly.

Thank you in advance.
      ​
      Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 10-03-2023, 09:05 AM.
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

When the Infinite plane asset is selected in Asset Editor - in the right panel there is only the message "The asset is not editable: Infinite Plane", because the V-Ray Infinite plane has no properties. Do you have any issues when rendering it?

Kind regards,
        Iva
        Iva Mancheva
        V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm simply, Clicking:
          Extensions > V-Ray > V-ray Objects > Infinite Plane
          Then opening the V-Asset Editor to add a texture, but confronted with the above message.

Screengrabs here:Click image for larger version

Name:	VRay screengrab.png
Views:	189
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1175301

Comment

The message is displayed to inform that the Infinite Plane geometry asset has no modifiable properties. The Asset is simply a plane, which is infinite, you can only control its position by moving and rotating it in SketchUp.
            To apply a material to the Infinite plane you first need to create a material in Asset Editor, select the Infinite Plane in SketchUp's viewport, then right click on the material in Asset Editor and select "Apply to Selection" from the context menu.
            Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
            Iva
            Iva Mancheva
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, but that's part of the problem - I can neither 'Apply to Selection' in the Asset Editor or 'Fill with Bucket' in the SU viewport as the Infinite Plane is not selectable. Unlocking it does not change this

Comment

OK, problem solved! Despite the Infinite Plane being locked and not displaying any change, it DOES accept the material and render correctly!
                I was used to the older Asset Editor where it was possible to edit the horizontal and vertical scale etc...
                Thanks

Comment

Hello, christian_antonelli

Thank you for the confirmation, I am glad to hear that!
                  Please do not hesitate do contact us if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
                  Iva
                  Iva Mancheva
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X