Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures from Chaos Cosmos in Sketchup and on redering

Hello everyone.
    i need help please Why does the result look so different than on the model? ..the wood texture is from Cosmos Librery.
    I can't change the position of the texture in the different groups. Thanks in advance​
    Attached Files

Hello henry_walon,
    Thank you for your post.

Many of the Cosmos materials have randomization settings applied to them, which unfortunately cannot be previewed in SketchUp viewport.
    If you want to have the same exact result in render and in SketchUp preview make sure to:
    • When importing material from Cosmos Browser disable Use triplanar mapping.
    • In the imported material go to UVW Placement settings and disable Stochastic tiling.
    • Apply material to the surface (right-click on the material in the V-Ray Asset Editor > Apply to Selection).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.Triplanar.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1178814 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.Stochastic_tiling.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1178815

Name:	3.Render.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1178816

All further texture placement changes in the SketchUp viewport will correspond to the render results.
    Let me know if this helped in your case as well.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hallo Natalia,

Thank you for your very enlightening answer. unfortunately it's too late now. the work is almost done. it's a bit difficult for me to work like this but I survived. I'll try it first then. Please take a look at the screenshot to see what my preview looks like. It's a bit difficult without the appropriate contrasts to have...

Thanks for your help. With kind regards.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello henry_walon,
        I hope this information will be useful to you in the next projects.

SketchUp has a number of limitations regarding the viewport preview of V-Ray materials, basically it can preview only Bitmap placed in the Diffuse slot. More complex V-Ray textures such as Utility textures, Procedural 2D and 3D, Raytraced textures will not be shown.

You can rely on preview in the Asset Editor for the color corrections for example, and on Interactive render in the VFB or in the viewport for texture placement. Alternatively, you can set Binding options > Texture Mode > Texture Helper to help you with the texture placing.

Name:	1178683_Binding.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	1179068 Click image for larger version

Name:	1178683_Interactive.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1179069

All information about geometry and materials of the Cosmos Assets and V-Ray Proxy Mesh objects is loaded from an external file at render time only, this way full geometry is not present in the SketchUp scene and does not take any resources, except for the viewport preview of the simplified geometry.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.

Comment

Hello Natalia
          i have all the time another problem and i was ( and i am in contact) with trimble ( sketchup
          Because sketchup crash the hole time
          and i believe that the problem is in relation with vray
          have you some body who can take a look in the reports from the crash? . i have many of them in word.
          ..right now i discover this ( look the picture please)​
          i was in the settings
          and Documents Folder permissions are allowed as you show there
          ich hope that you can help me.

best regards
          Henry
          Attached Files

Comment

Please take a look here.

thank you very much
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello henry_walon,
              I have opened a ticket number 114003​ for you to our Tech Support team with this issue and they will assist you further.
              Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 09-05-2023, 06:54 AM.

Comment

hello Natalia, should I send you more info? . several of the crash messages or should i just wait for support to get back to me?#thank you very much for the good work you are doing. best regards.​

Comment

henry_walon Tech Support agent will reach out to you in the ticket once someone is available. I have added information from the forum to the ticket, if anything else is needed Tech Support will let you know. Hope it will be resolved soon!

Comment

Working...
                  X